XSL include HTML from a file

Discussion in 'XML' started by jephperro, Apr 7, 2007.

  1. jephperro

    jephperro Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to do something with multiple xml files and am wondering if
    it is possible.

    I have 2 XML feeds:
    One is a list of locations, LOC.XML
    One is a list of products,PROD.XML

    I have 2 separate XSL files.
    One XSL file transforms the XML into a nice looking drop down list
    with all the locations, LOC.XSL
    The other XSL file transforms the XML into a list of products,
    PROD.XSL

    I have a third XSL file which generates HTML for the header, HEAD.XSL

    I want to make a 4th XSL transformation called TOGETHER.XSL, which can
    combine everythng to generate a page with a header, my drop down list
    of locations and a drop down list of products.

    I can import the header using
    <xsl:import href="HEAD.xsl" />

    I want to be able to import the transformed LOC.XML and PROD.XML and
    display my drop down lists. Then I when I open TOGETHER.XML in a
    browser, all three modules are displayed.

    Is this possible? Am I going about this in the right way? I want the
    LOC and PROD to be modular so I can create new XML pages with
    different headers, but the same drop down lists.

    Thanks for your help,

    Jeff Perreault

    jephperro, Apr 7, 2007