xsl/key question

Discussion in 'XML' started by Stefan Slapeta, Sep 13, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I would to like to have a schema for the following structure in XML and
    have no idea how to achieve this:

    <root_element>

    <!-- included from file one -->
    <container name="A">
    <container_element name="ELEMENT_1" />
    </container>

    <!-- included from file two -->
    <container name="A">
    <container_element name="ELEMENT_2" />
    </container>

    </root_element>

    The problem is that the containers should be read from different files
    (that's another question: is there something like an "include" directive
    in XML?) because this constellation (what is in the container) is put
    together dynamically.

    What I want to achieve is to say "over all containers with name X the
    element names shall be unique" but I couldn't found a solution for that.

    Maybe some of you can help me, I would also appreciate to see better
    alternatives for the structure to solve my problem.

    Cheers,

    Stefan
    Stefan Slapeta, Sep 13, 2004