xsl not transforming correctly

Water Cooler v2

I am an XSL newbie and this is my first XSL example. It does not render
any rows in the table. It only shows the table header row with the
column lables; no data rows. Please guide me.

XML FILE
========
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="booklist.xsl"?>
<BOOKLIST>
<BOOK>
<TITLE>Programming in the key of C#</TITLE>
<AUTHOR>Charles Petzold</AUTHOR>
<PUBLISHER>Microsoft Press</PUBLISHER>
</BOOK>

<BOOK>
<TITLE>Code: the hidden language of computer hardware and
software</TITLE>
<AUTHOR>Charles Petzold</AUTHOR>
<PUBLISHER>Microsoft Press</PUBLISHER>
</BOOK>

<BOOK>
<TITLE>Applied Microsoft .NET Framework Programming</TITLE>
<AUTHOR>Jeffrey Richter</AUTHOR>
<PUBLISHER>Microsoft Press</PUBLISHER>
</BOOK>

<BOOK>
<TITLE>CDO and MAPI Programming in Visual Basic</TITLE>
<AUTHOR>Dave Grundgieger</AUTHOR>
<PUBLISHER>O'reilly</PUBLISHER>
</BOOK>

<BOOK>
<TITLE>Moving from VB to VB.NET: concepts and strategies</TITLE>
<AUTHOR>Dan Appleman</AUTHOR>
<PUBLISHER>A-press</PUBLISHER>
</BOOK>
</BOOKLIST>

XSL FILE
=========
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">
<xsl:template match="/">
<HTML>
<BODY>
<TABLE border="1" background-color="blue">
<TH>
<TD>Title</TD>
<TD>Author</TD>
<TD>Publisher</TD>
</TH>

<xsl:for-each select="BOOKLIST/BOOK">
<TR>
<TD><xsl:value-of select="TITLE"/></TD>
<TD><xsl:value-of select="AUTHOR"/></TD>
<TD><xsl:value-of select="PUBLISHER"/></TD>
</TR>
</xsl:for-each>
</TABLE>
</BODY>
</HTML>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Joe Fawcett

Water Cooler v2 said:
[...]

Dear Cooler

You are trying to use an outdated and obsolete pre-cursor to XSLT as shown
in the namespace "http://w3.org/TR/WD-xsl", (the WD stands for working
draft, I believe). This is only supported by early versions of MSXML and you
will find little or no documentation and support for it.
Change to the newer namespace of http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform.
You will find many examples of creating tables in HTML from raw XML online
or you can buy one of Michael Kay's excellent tomes.
I believe the example you have should work if you change the namespace as
outlined above, if you are still struggling let us know.

Andy Dingley

Water said:
I am an XSL newbie

Newbie? I'm increasingly beginning to think you're an out-an-out
Troll.

Learn to web search. Get some decent references that are less than 5
years old. Stop asking the most blindingly stupid questions, on any
topic, that it's just about possible to think up.