xsl:number in page footer?

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Fran=E7ois_Michaud?=

Hello all,

I'm looking into putting together an alternate page numbering on a
figure element that we have to deal with.

Each figure has its own page sequence through the use of an
xsl:for-each. Each figure can contain different elements. This hickup
is that each page in a figure has to have 2 numbering schemes.

1- The (page) of (total number of pages in the entire document pages)
2- The (page) of (total number of pages in this particular figure)

I can get either number 1 or number 2 by playing with the initial page
count in page sequences but not 1 and 2 at the same time.

Is there a way I can play with count, xsl:number or RTFs to be able to
somehow conceptually increment something up by 1 whenever I go through
the xsl-region-after?

In this particular case, I don't see how recursion would help since the
information is contained in the footer and not in the body of the
document.

Any ideas?

Regards
Jeff