xsl:number in page footer?

Discussion in 'XML' started by =?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Fran=E7ois_Michaud?=, Aug 21, 2006.

  1. Hello all,

    I'm looking into putting together an alternate page numbering on a
    figure element that we have to deal with.

    Each figure has its own page sequence through the use of an
    xsl:for-each. Each figure can contain different elements. This hickup
    is that each page in a figure has to have 2 numbering schemes.

    1- The (page) of (total number of pages in the entire document pages)
    2- The (page) of (total number of pages in this particular figure)

    I can get either number 1 or number 2 by playing with the initial page
    count in page sequences but not 1 and 2 at the same time.

    Is there a way I can play with count, xsl:number or RTFs to be able to
    somehow conceptually increment something up by 1 whenever I go through
    the xsl-region-after?

    In this particular case, I don't see how recursion would help since the
    information is contained in the footer and not in the body of the
    document.

    Any ideas?

    Regards
    Jeff

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Fran=E7ois_Michaud?=, Aug 21, 2006