xsl:output cdata-section-elements

werD

Hello,
Ive been reading about cdata-section-elements b/c ive got a comments
field that id like to inlcude some html in. For some reason the final
output is not including any cdata tags though? The original field that
this is pulled from does use cdata tags but they dont seem to come
through

Is this possible or is there something im missing?

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:eek:utput omit-xml-declaration="no" method="xml"
cdata-section-elements="comments"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
<data>

<xsl:for-each select="data/supervisors/supentry">

<entry>
<id><xsl:value-of select="@id"/></id>
<author>
<xsl:value-of select="@author"/>
</author>
<xsl:element name="comments">
<xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
</xsl:element>
</entry>
</data>

thanks

drewg

Martin Honnen

werD wrote:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:eek:utput omit-xml-declaration="no" method="xml"
cdata-section-elements="comments"/>

<xsl:element name="comments">
<xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
</xsl:element>

Do you get a CDATA section in the output if you don't use
disable-output-escaping="yes"?

Peter Flynn

FAQ. See http://xml.silmaril.ie/authors/cdata/
For some reason the final
output is not including any cdata tags though? The original field that
this is pulled from does use cdata tags but they dont seem to come
through

Is this possible or is there something im missing?

It's correct behaviour.

///Peter

werD

Thanks,
When I remove disable-output-escaping it doesn't add the cdata but it
did break down the html to its character form which will be sufficient.
Thanks for your post