XSL select emplty nodes

ree32

I am trying to select nodes that are like this <caption></caption>

The problem is that some times they are like this in the XML document:
<caption>
</caption>

A newline is between the start and end tags.

I was wondering what is the best way to find these nodes.

I have tried
<xsl:when test="Caption=' '">

but this only covers one space. I tried string-length() but that equals
to 1 for
<caption>
</caption>

Is there a better way to do this? is there a String.Replace(" ", "")
function like that in VB to trim spaces?