XSL, select on one attribute, get value of another

cching

Hi,

I'm trying to turn this:

<Component>
<Properties>
<Property Name="X" Value="200" />
<Property Name="Y" Value="200" />
<Property Name="Width" Value="100" />
<Property Name="Height" Value="100" />
... other properties ...
</Properties>
</Component>

into this:

width: 100px;">Blah</div>

I know how to find the nodes individually, e.g.:

<xsl:template match="Properties/Property[@Name='X']">
X: <xsl:value-of select="@Value" /> <br />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Properties/Property[@Name='Y']">
<xsl:variable name="Y" select="@Value" />
Y: <xsl:value-of select="@Value" /> <br />
</xsl:template>

but how can I do it for all of them and feed them into the div
attributes? I'm sure I'm missing something very fundamental and am
going to have an aha! experience if someone can help me figure this
out. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Craig

Joris Gillis

Hi,

I'm trying to turn this:
<Component>
<Properties>
<Property Name="X" Value="200" />
<Property Name="Y" Value="200" />
<Property Name="Width" Value="100" />
<Property Name="Height" Value="100" />
... other properties ...
</Properties>
</Component>
into this:
width: 100px;">Blah</div>

There are lots of methods to do this. It's always best to look for a generic solution. Example:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
exclude-result-prefixes="myvar"
xmlns:myvar="myvariables">
<xsl:eek:utput method="xml" indent="yes"/>

<myvar:map xmlns="">
<group unit="px">
<item name="X">left</item>
<item name="Y">top</item>
<item name="Height">height</item>
<item name="Width">width</item>
</group>
<group>
<item name="Colour">color</item>
</group>
</myvar:map>

<xsl:variable name="items" select="document('')/xsl:stylesheet/myvar:map//item"/>

<xsl:template match="Component">
<xsl:apply-templates select="Properties"/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="*[not(self::properties)]"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Properties">
<xsl:attribute name="style">
<xsl:apply-templates select="Property"/>
</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Property">
<xsl:value-of select="$items[@name=current()/@Name]"/>