xsl totals composed from variables

the_jos

Dear reader,

I am trying some things with xml/xsl and cannot find a solution for
what I would like to do.

I have 2 base items with name and price and two that are composed of
base two (given name and quantity).
The composition never changes, only the price can change.
I can calculate the total value (price*quantity) with a for-each loop
(using xsl:key) for each set of components, listing below.

But now I want to calculate the total value of the components used in
the composed items.

I have looked into a 'loop' template, but this does not give the
results I want.
I tried various layouts, but only get a NaN value or the original value
passed to the loop.

I inserted the loop call right after I got the value p
(price*quantity).

Could someone point me to a working solution?

Thanks

Jos