XSLT 2.0 Recommendations status?

Mike King

Does anyone have any idea when XSLT 2.0 will be released to Recommendations
status?

I just tried to buy another copy of Michael Kay's XSLT Programmer's
Reference 2nd book but no one had it because they had the latest edition
(3rd). The problem is the 3rd edition is about XSLT 2.0 but I cannot use it
because a lot of vendors won't release their XSLT 2.0 processor until the
W3C changes the status to Recommendation. What was Wrox thinking. The 2nd
and 3rd editions are not different editions, they are totally different
books.