    Does anyone on this site have an informed guess as to when the standards
    XSLT 2.0 and XPATH 2.0 will be publish and how long it will take for the
    common processor will support them?
    Bill Sneddon, Jul 30, 2003

  2. "Bill Sneddon" <> wrote in message
    news:bg934g$9as$...
    > Does anyone on this site have an informed guess as to when the standards
    > XSLT 2.0 and XPATH 2.0

    They are not yet standards -- only drafts. The drafts are published.

    > will be publish

    The next stage will be the "Last call" stage. All the comments received
    during the last-call-stage must be answered in a formal way.

    The next stage after the last call my be "Candidate Recommendation" or even
    directly "proposed recommendartion.

    Also, one must take into account that at present there are a group of
    difeerent but interrelated standards the work on which is in progress --
    e.g. XSLT 2.0, XPath 2.0, XQuery, XPath Data Model, XPath and XQuery
    Functions and Operators.

    Probably the intention of the WGs will be that all of these become "Proposed
    Recommendation" at the same time.

    Based on the above considerations my very uninformed guess is that it may
    take one year before XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 get the status of "Proposed
    Recommendation".

    > and how long it will take for the
    > common processor will support them?

    What is a common processor?

    At present Saxon 7.6.5 supports the latest draft of XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0.
    At least two other XSLT processors are said to have support for these
    drafts.

    =====
    Cheers,

    Dimitre Novatchev.
    Dimitre Novatchev, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Bill Sneddon

    Bill Sneddon Guest

    Thank for your reply Dimitre .

    You understand what is involved much better than I do.
    I value your insight.

    When I was saying processor I meant XSL processors
    such as Xalan, XT, Saxon, MSXML, XSLTS

    Bill
    Bill Sneddon, Jul 30, 2003
  4. Bill Sneddon

    Bob Foster Guest

    > Thank for your reply Dimitre .
    >
    > You understand what is involved much better than I do.
    > I value your insight.
    >
    > When I was saying processor I meant XSL processors
    > such as Xalan, XT, Saxon, MSXML, XSLTS

    I believe Saxon supports a preliminary version of 2.0 now.

    Bob Foster
    Bob Foster, Jul 30, 2003