XSLT 2.0

Bill Sneddon

Does anyone on this site have an informed guess as to when the standards
XSLT 2.0 and XPATH 2.0 will be publish and how long it will take for the
common processor will support them?

Dimitre Novatchev

Bill Sneddon said:
Does anyone on this site have an informed guess as to when the standards
XSLT 2.0 and XPATH 2.0

They are not yet standards -- only drafts. The drafts are published.
will be publish

The next stage will be the "Last call" stage. All the comments received
during the last-call-stage must be answered in a formal way.

The next stage after the last call my be "Candidate Recommendation" or even
directly "proposed recommendartion.

Also, one must take into account that at present there are a group of
difeerent but interrelated standards the work on which is in progress --
e.g. XSLT 2.0, XPath 2.0, XQuery, XPath Data Model, XPath and XQuery
Functions and Operators.

Probably the intention of the WGs will be that all of these become "Proposed
Recommendation" at the same time.

Based on the above considerations my very uninformed guess is that it may
take one year before XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 get the status of "Proposed
Recommendation".

and how long it will take for the
common processor will support them?

What is a common processor?

At present Saxon 7.6.5 supports the latest draft of XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0.
At least two other XSLT processors are said to have support for these
drafts.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.

Bill Sneddon

Thank for your reply Dimitre .

You understand what is involved much better than I do.
I value your insight.

When I was saying processor I meant XSL processors
such as Xalan, XT, Saxon, MSXML, XSLTS

Bill

Bob Foster

Bill Sneddon said:
Thank for your reply Dimitre .

You understand what is involved much better than I do.
I value your insight.

When I was saying processor I meant XSL processors
such as Xalan, XT, Saxon, MSXML, XSLTS

I believe Saxon supports a preliminary version of 2.0 now.

Bob Foster