XSLT 4 columns problem!

Discussion in 'XML' started by Gunne, Mar 18, 2005.

  1. Gunne

    Gunne Guest

    I need to divide my XML data into 4 columns. The LinkCategory name
    need to be shown as header and then the LinkName(s) that belong to the
    LinkCategory underneath.

    Please help me with an XSLT example!

    The output should look something like this:
    1-4-7-10
    2-5-8-11
    3-6-9-12

    MY XML
    -----------------
    <Root GuideName="mugo" >
    <LinkCategory Name="miver1" >
    <Link LinkName="test1" LinkUrl="">
    <Icon></Icon>
    </Link>
    <Link LinkName="test2" LinkUrl="">
    <Icon></Icon>
    </Link>
    </LinkCategory>
    <LinkCategory Name="miver2" >
    <Link LinkName="test1" LinkUrl="">
    <Icon></Icon>
    </Link>
    </LinkCategory>
    </Root>
    -----------------
    End of my XML

    Hope somebody will be able to help me out!

    Gunne, Mar 18, 2005

  2. Gunne

    Gunne Guest

    Sorry if i was unclear..

    "miver1" is a link group header and underneath i want to list the
    links that belongs to the category, in this case link "test1" and
    "test2".

    There might be a lot of link groups and i need to divide the link
    groups in to my 4 columns design. There might be a problem with some
    white space in some of the columns but that doesn't matter because the
    adminuser will be able to move around on the order of the categories
    my administration system.

    This is basically what i want:

    http://www.gface.dk/xslt4cols.jpg

    Hope you will be able to help me out!

    Gunne, Mar 21, 2005

  3. Gunne

    Gunne Guest

    Forgot one more thing :( i control my columns using div's like this so
    no answers using tables please!

    Gunne, Mar 21, 2005