[XSLT] Accessing contents of variable with computed name

Christian Roth

Hi,

how do I access the contents of a variable (or param) whose name is
computed?

Pseudo-code for demonstration, NOT WORKING:

<xsl:param name="table.frame.void">border: none;</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="table.frame.box">border: 1pt solid black;</xsl:param>

<xsl:template match="table">
</xsl:template>

What I intend is to compute the name of the variable to be accessed
using some constant prefix ('table.frame.') and the contents of the
element's 'frame' attribute.

Nested {...}'s are not allowed, and some other attempts of mine did not
work (like "{$concat( 'table.frame.', @frame)}").

How can I achieve this?

Christian Roth

Christian Roth said:
how do I access the contents of a variable (or param) whose name is
computed?

Answering my own question for the archive: This is not possible in XSLT.

Dimitre Novatchev

Christian Roth said:
Answering my own question for the archive: This is not possible in XSLT.

Not exactly so:

document('')/*/xsl:variable[@name = $computedName]/@select

accesses the value of the "select" attribute of the global xsl:variable,
whose name is the same as the value of the variable "computedName".

To select the children ("contents") of the same xsl:variable use the
following XPath expression:

document('')/*/xsl:variable[@name = $computedName]/node()

=====
Cheers,