XSLT and gettext?

KW

I'm looking for a nice way to do i18n with XSLT, preferably using the
gettext framework. Currently I'm using 4Suite for XSLT processing. Do
you know of any solutions to this problem?

If no solutions currently exist, I'll try to write something myself. Any
ideas on how to do this properly? Any existing python code to start with?

I was thinking about wrappingg the text in a new XML tag, say <i18n> and
processing this to generate an XSL for alle languages, but it will also
require printf like substitution to do this properly.

Kind regards,

uche.ogbuji

KW said:
I'm looking for a nice way to do i18n with XSLT, preferably using the
gettext framework. Currently I'm using 4Suite for XSLT processing. Do
you know of any solutions to this problem?

If no solutions currently exist, I'll try to write something myself. Any
ideas on how to do this properly? Any existing python code to start with?

I was thinking about wrappingg the text in a new XML tag, say <i18n> and
processing this to generate an XSL for alle languages, but it will also
require printf like substitution to do this properly.

4Suite has some friendly gettext-based i18n extensions. See:

http://copia.ogbuji.net/blog/2005-06-14/i18n_for_X