XSLT axis navigation

A Amitkashaw

Hi Everyone.

I'm having a few problems with the following XSL statement -

<xsl:template match="htm:div[text()='Fred's List of Things:']">
<xsl:for-each
select="../following-sibling::*/child::htm:i[text()='Guitars:']">
<xsl:value-of select="text()"/>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

It returns the ELEMENT 'Guitars:' but what I need is the text after it. I'm
stumped if I can figure out how to get this value to return. The reason why
I'm using the above XML is because there are lots of other <i> ELEMENTS
within the document with the text 'Guitars:' and I need Fred's guitar choice
specifically.

Here's the XML:

- <td>

<i>Hobbys:<i>
Reading, Writing, painting, riding bikes
<i>Books I have read:</i>
Animal Farm,
<i>Guitars:</i>
1 Gibson Les Paul
<i>Cars:</i>
None, I like riding my bike everywhere

Thanks for your time in this matter.

- S

Patrick TJ McPhee

% select="../following-sibling::*/child::htm:i[text()='Guitars:']">

% It returns the ELEMENT 'Guitars:' but what I need is the text after it.

where the element in question is like this

% <i>Guitars:</i>
% 1 Gibson Les Paul
% <br />

you could try appending

/../following-sibling::/text()[1]

to your expression. That should get everything up to the <br/>.

Skaffen Amitkashaw

Thanks, Patrick.

How good are you with the number() function? I'm trying to return mixed
numbers and string. For example: 45 km. Do I need to strip out the 'km'
or does the number function take care of this for me?

Thanks again for your time :)

- S