    Thanks for any hints,
    Bubba

    , May 6, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    >I'm new to XSLT, so excuse my ignorance. How do I do something like
    >this:
    > <xsl:copy-of select="document('*.xml')"/>
    >
    >That is, I want to use the document function to merge all xml files in
    >the current working directory.

    XSLT doesn't know anything about directories.

    You could use some other program to generate an XML file listing
    all the files in the directory, and then use the document function
    to read that file.

    -- Richard

    Richard Tobin, May 6, 2005

  3. wrote:

    > How do I do something like
    > this:
    > <xsl:copy-of select="document('*.xml')"/>
    >
    > That is, I want to use the document function to merge all xml files in
    > the current working directory.

    XSLT does not support that but you can of course pass a URL to a
    server-side processing page like PHP or ASP to it that creates the
    directly listing on the fly e.g.
    document('createDirectoryListing.asp?dir=path')
    That doesn't help of course if all you are interested in are some local
    files without having some server and ASP or PHP installed.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, May 6, 2005