xslt for ordering attribute with in a node

gdevah

Hi ,
I was looking for xslt to rearrang the order of attibutes within a
node.

xml to xml translation...

<obj d="xslt" a="me" c="to" b="new"/>
<prop c="it" b="does" a="how" d="matter"/>

<obj a="me" b="new" c="to" d="xslt"/>
<prop a="how" b="does" c="it" d="matter"/>

Thanks alot
Devah

Joris Gillis

Hi,
Tempore 18:01:45 said:
I was looking for xslt to rearrang the order of attibutes within a
node.
You're out of luck today: that is not possible.
xml to xml translation...

<obj d="xslt" a="me" c="to" b="new"/>
<prop c="it" b="does" a="how" d="matter"/>

<obj a="me" b="new" c="to" d="xslt"/>
<prop a="how" b="does" c="it" d="matter"/>
XML parsers don't distinguish between these 2 element pairs. Document order does not apply to attributes. Also, the attributes' order after serialization (that happens when the XSLT magic is done) is not predictable.

regards,