XSLT processor with a cache mechanism for Linux?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Vincent Lefevre, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. Under Linux, I currently use xsltproc (libxslt), but it is awfully
    slow and takes a lot of memory (e.g. more than 100 MB) when using
    many XML files with a large DTD (e.g. DocBook): With my DTD (based
    on DocBook + MathML), each time a XML file is read, xsltproc spends
    1 second parsing its DTD, and I end up losing a factor 100 due to
    that.

    I now use fake DTDs (by providing a special catalog), which just
    define the entities I need, so that XSLT processing is much faster
    and takes a reasonable amount of memory. But this hack is really
    dirty, and it may lead to problems in the future.

    Does anyone know a free XSLT processor that runs under Linux and
    implements a good cache mechanism for the DTDs?

    TIA,

    --
    Vincent Lefèvre <> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>

    Vincent Lefevre, Apr 18, 2005