XSLT redirect:write and encoding

Thomas Kellerer

Hello,

I'm using the JDK's built in XSTL processor and I'm trying to create
multiple output (HTML) files from a single XML file. This is working
fine so far using the extension redirect:write (or the newer alias
xsltc:eek:utput).

My problem is, that the files generated using xstlc:eek:utput (or
redirect:write) are using the wrong encoding. The XML file is UTF8 and
the "primary" file created by the XSLT is also correctly encoded.

But all files created with xstlc:eek:utput are written with the default
encoding of my system.

I can work around this using -Dfile.encoding when starting the Java
program, but I'd like to control this from within the XSLT file.

Any ideas?

Regards
Thomas