    Jason Karns Guest

    Does anyone know of any stylesheets out that are already built to transform the RDF vCard format (XML) to regular vCard file format (.vcf)? I've searched google for a while now and haven't found anything.

    -Jason
    Jason Karns, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Jason Karns

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 10 Nov 2005 10:08:12 GMT, "Jason Karns"
    <karns.17@n!o!s!p!a!m.osu.edu> wrote:

    >Does anyone know of any stylesheets out that are already built to transform the RDF vCard format (XML) to regular vCard file format (.vcf)? I've searched google for a while now and haven't found anything.

    You'll need to find more specific examples of the format, particularly
    the RDF version of it (http://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf might be helpful)

    RDF is in general not practical to process with XSLT, because RDF isn't
    dependent on XML and there are potentially many ways to serialise the
    same RDF document into a number of different XML documents. XSLT, being
    an XML tool, sees alll of these as different documents and has to be
    explicitly coded in the application to handle them.

    As to processing RDF with XSLT in practical terms, then this varies
    between easy (if you control the RDF generator and can guarantee the
    "style" in which the document is generated) through to impossible (for
    large RDF documents from external sources).
    Andy Dingley, Nov 10, 2005