    innovation. Europe could still alter course"
    http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/en/m/intro/
    , Jan 14, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > I'm looking for XSLT tools for OS X. I've looked at tar-balls for
    > Xalan and Xerces, but these come with no instructions, not even
    > an ASCII readme. They seem also to lack the basic ability to
    > be compiled using ./configure and make. :mad: grrr
    >
    > What else is out for C, C++, Java or Perl on OS X?

    I have never used Java on the Mac but the documentation here
    <http://developer.apple.com/referencelibrary/API_Fundamentals/Java-api-date.html>
    suggests that the Sun JDK API 1.4 is available and the JDK 1.4 has an
    XSLT 1.0 processor, see the TransformerFactory/Transformer in
    javax.xml.transform.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Jan 14, 2005

  3. Warren Oates Guest

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:53:51 GMT
    wrote:

    :I'm looking for XSLT tools for OS X. I've looked at tar-balls for
    :Xalan and Xerces, but these come with no instructions, not even
    :an ASCII readme. They seem also to lack the basic ability to
    :be compiled using ./configure and make. :mad: grrr

    I have success with Xalan. Download the Java "2 jars" binary package.
    Unpack it somewhere, and add that somewhere to your $CLASSPATH.

    $ java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process

    should produce an error with a usage listing. I recommend O'Reilly's
    "XSLT - Mastering XML Transformations" (I have a very good public
    library).

    <http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/downloads.html>

    --
    Looks like more of Texas to Me