xslt transform with php 4.3.9

Discussion in 'XML' started by Patrick, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Back again for another question. I have a form that I want to pass one
    value to an xsl file to use when the xml is displayed. I have been told
    that I have to pass the value to php and then do a transform using xlst
    processor in php and have looked into this. I thought maybe I was on the
    right track with this but apparently I am stuck with PHP version 4.3.9
    which to the best of my knowledge doesn't have the xslt_create and
    xslt_process functions available.

    That being said, I've looked at what I have available to me and I have
    found some stuff about dom/xml this and that which I am having trouble
    figuring how to use it to do what I want. Can someone give me an idea of
    how I am supposed to use php 4.3.9 this to pass a value and do a transform.

    Thanks
    Patrick

    --
    Patrick A. Smith Assistant System Administrator
    Ocean Circulation Group – USF - College of Marine Science

    The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
    appreciates how difficult it was. - La Rochefoucauld

    Patrick, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Patrick wrote:

    > I thought maybe I was on the
    > right track with this but apparently I am stuck with PHP version 4.3.9
    > which to the best of my knowledge doesn't have the xslt_create and
    > xslt_process functions available.

    PHP 4 has this extension <http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xslt.php> to
    provide XSLT support.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Nov 15, 2006

  3. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Martin Honnen wrote:

    > Patrick wrote:
    >
    >> I thought maybe I was on the right track with this but apparently I am
    >> stuck with PHP version 4.3.9 which to the best of my knowledge doesn't
    >> have the xslt_create and xslt_process functions available.

    > PHP 4 has this extension <http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xslt.php> to
    > provide XSLT support.

    Hi Martin,

    Yes I looked into that. It is my understanding that Sablotron and expat
    are used with php4, but they are not supported in php 4.3.9. I did
    download and run the rpm for Sablotron yesterday before reading
    somewhere what I just said in the previous sentence. This is what I
    think I am stuck with trying to use <http://us3.php.net/domxml> or am I
    wrong? Unfortunately because we are on a maintenance contract here with
    our RedHat Linux Enterprise 4 we can only use the supported version of
    php that comes with the regular rpm updates. Otherwise I would request
    that my admin upgrade to php5.

    Thanks again,
    Patrick

    Patrick, Nov 15, 2006