XSLT transformation tool working with id() function and XSD?

Michael

It seems that the xml application which is part of XMLStarlet 1.0.1 is
unable to process transformations which require the id function in
combination with an XSD scheme file. In my test example, id never
returns anything, and the referenced node uses xs:ID for the referenced
ID value and xs:IDREF for the attribute which references. Can anyone
confirm the problem? Can you recommend a free Windows tool which will
let me test referencing functionality?

Martin Honnen

Michael said:
It seems that the xml application which is part of XMLStarlet 1.0.1 is
unable to process transformations which require the id function in
combination with an XSD scheme file. In my test example, id never
returns anything, and the referenced node uses xs:ID for the referenced
ID value and xs:IDREF for the attribute which references. Can anyone
confirm the problem? Can you recommend a free Windows tool which will
let me test referencing functionality?

As for confirming the problem, you would better ask in a support forum
or mailing list or newsgroup for that particular product you are using.

I am also not sure there is much support for that feature when it comes
to XSLT 1.0 and W3C XML schemas as the schema specification was
finalized two years later than the XSLT 1.0 specification.

I have tested that the id function works with AltovaXML tools and its
XSLT 2.0 processor. AltovaXML is a command line tool you can find here:
http://www.altova.com/altovaxml.html