    ID value and xs:IDREF for the attribute which references. Can anyone
    confirm the problem? Can you recommend a free Windows tool which will
    let me test referencing functionality?
    Michael, Aug 28, 2008

  2. Michael wrote:
    > It seems that the xml application which is part of XMLStarlet 1.0.1 is
    > unable to process transformations which require the id function in
    > combination with an XSD scheme file. In my test example, id never
    > returns anything, and the referenced node uses xs:ID for the referenced
    > ID value and xs:IDREF for the attribute which references. Can anyone
    > confirm the problem? Can you recommend a free Windows tool which will
    > let me test referencing functionality?

    As for confirming the problem, you would better ask in a support forum
    or mailing list or newsgroup for that particular product you are using.

    I am also not sure there is much support for that feature when it comes
    to XSLT 1.0 and W3C XML schemas as the schema specification was
    finalized two years later than the XSLT 1.0 specification.

    I have tested that the id function works with AltovaXML tools and its
    XSLT 2.0 processor. AltovaXML is a command line tool you can find here:
    http://www.altova.com/altovaxml.html

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/