    how can I do a XSLT transformation on a XML File (XSLT Stylesheet) -
    just like Saxon does? What packages are exactly needed?

    Thanks, Axel
    Axel Strube-Zettler, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Axel Strube-Zettler

    Tom Regner Guest

    Axel Strube-Zettler wrote:
    > how can I do a XSLT transformation on a XML File (XSLT Stylesheet) -
    > just like Saxon does? What packages are exactly needed?

    Jonathan Stowes XML::XSLT seems to fit, from the pod:

    use XML::XSLT;

    my $xslt = XML::XSLT->new ($xsl, warnings => 1);

    $xslt->transform ($xmlfile);
    print $xslt->toString;

    CPAN:
    http://search.cpan.org/~jstowe/XML-XSLT-0.48/lib/XML/XSLT.pm

    kind regards,
    Tom
    --
    Dievision GmbH | Kriegerstrasse 44 | 30161 Hannover
    Telefon: (0511) 288791-0 | Telefax: (0511) 288791-99
    Tom Regner, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Axel Strube-Zettler

    Vetle Roeim Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:28:07 +0200, Axel Strube-Zettler
    <> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > how can I do a XSLT transformation on a XML File (XSLT Stylesheet) -
    > just like Saxon does? What packages are exactly needed?

    XML::XSLT has been suggested. XML::LibXSLT is another module that can
    be used. It is a front-end to the Gnome XSLT library.

    --
    It's not a bug, it's the future.
    Vetle Roeim, Jul 9, 2004
  4. Tom Regner <> wrote:
    > Axel Strube-Zettler wrote:
    >> how can I do a XSLT transformation on a XML File (XSLT Stylesheet) -
    >> just like Saxon does? What packages are exactly needed?

    > Jonathan Stowes XML::XSLT seems to fit, from the pod:

    Just for the record I am only its guardian and not its parent :)

    > use XML::XSLT;
    >
    > my $xslt = XML::XSLT->new ($xsl, warnings => 1);
    >
    > $xslt->transform ($xmlfile);
    > print $xslt->toString;

    The module is still however very much a work in progress and there are
    parts of the XSLT spec that are not completely supported. If you need a
    wider range of features you might consider using XML::LibXSLT as
    suggested by someone else.

    /J\
    Jonathan Stowe, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Axel Strube-Zettler wrote:

    Thanks to all, I am happy now. XML::XSLT is not installed on the server
    (it's just a Pro Webspace Package of Germany's largest Provider Company,
    I myself can't install anything), but I found out that LibXSLT is
    installed. It just took me 5 minutes to get it working - not really
    difficult;-)

    Great! Now the pages are displayed in Opera and older Browsers too!

    Thank you for the excellent help! Axel
    Axel Strube-Zettler, Jul 9, 2004