XSLT transformaton (result XML shld be in same sequence always...

ravi.velamuri

Hi,

1. My source XML will almost look like attached "Source.XML"

2. I have to transform that into Destination XML almost look like
attached"Dest.xml"

Here, my destination XML should be always in the same sequence of
elements as it is in sample shown whatever way the Source XML
comes...OR XSL transforms it...

Please advice how to I achieve it...One rude way is write for each
Column Details one For loop...which is worst, I know in all ways.

Your early advice will help me a lot. (let me know if any further
clarification required on my prob).

Ravi Velamuri.

Source.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<TEST xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="file:///d:sample.xsd">
<Table_Info>
<Table_Name>TBLGS_COUNTRY</Table_Name>
<Operation_Type>I</Operation_Type>
<Prev_Seq>190952</Prev_Seq>
<Curr_Seq/>
</Table_Info>
<Table_Data>
<Col_Details>
<Col_Name>GS_CURR</Col_Name>
<Col_Value>JPY</Col_Value>
</Col_Details>
<Col_Details>
<Col_Name>GS_CTRY_ABBR</Col_Name>
<Col_Value/>
</Col_Details>
<Col_Details>
<Col_Name>GS_CTRY</Col_Name>
<Col_Value>CTRY attribute</Col_Value>
</Col_Details>
<Col_Details>
<Col_Name>GS_CTRY_DES</Col_Name>
<Col_Value>JAPAN</Col_Value>
</Col_Details>
<Col_Details>
<Col_Name>BLB_ISO_CTRY</Col_Name>
<Col_Value>JP</Col_Value>
</Col_Details>
<Col_Details>
<Col_Name>BLB_ISO_CTRY_DES</Col_Name>
<Col_Value/>
</Col_Details>
<Col_Details>
<Col_Name>BLB_CDR_CTRY</Col_Name>
<Col_Value/>
</Col_Details>
</Table_Data>
<Error_Info>
<Error_Msg1/>
<Error_Msg2/>
</Error_Info>
</TEST>

XSL transform logic:

<?xml version='1.0' ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:abc="http://www.abc.com/xml"
<xsl:eek:utput method="xml" indent="yes"/>
<xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
<xsl:template name="country">
<xsl:for-each select="TEST/Table_Data/Col_Details">
<xsl:if test="Col_Name = 'BLB_ISO_CTRY'">
<test:code>
<xsl:value-of select="Col_Value"/>
</test:code>
</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test="Col_Name= 'GS_CTRY_DES'">
<test:name>
<xsl:value-of select="Col_Value"/>
</test:name>
</xsl:if>

<xsl:if test="Col_Name = 'GS_REGION_CODE'">
<test:timezone>
<xsl:value-of select="Col_Value"/>
</test:timezone>
</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test="Col_Name = 'GS_CTRY'">
<attribute>
<test:name>
GS_CTRY
</test:name>
<test:value>
<xsl:value-of select="Col_Value"/>
</test:value>
</attribute>
</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test="Col_Name = 'GS_CURR'">
<attribute>
<test:name>
GS_CURR
</test:name>
<test:value>
<xsl:value-of select="Col_Value"/>
</test:value>
</attribute>
</xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>
<test:enabled> true </test:enabled>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Dest.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<test:testDocument
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:abc="http:/
/www.abc.com/xml">
<test:testObject test:type="TBLGS_COUNTRY" action="I">
<test:Attribute>
<test:name>GS_CTRY</test:name>
<test:value>949</test:value>
</test:Attribute>
<test:Attribute>
<test:name>GS_CURR</test:name>
<test:value/>
</test:Attribute>
<test:name/>
<test:code/>
<test:timezone/>
<test:enabled>true</test:enabled>
<test:activeFrom>1970-01-01+00:00</test:activeFrom>
<test:activeTo>2100-01-01+00:00</test:activeTo>
<test:holiday/>
</test:testObject>
</test:testDocument>

Crutcher Dunnavant

Please tell me, do you get to design the input language? If so, there
might be better things to do.

However, there are nicer ways to represent what you are doing now.

One is to use xsl:choose instead of a list of xsl:if elements. This
doesn't actually give you anything other than it looks nicer.

<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="Col_Name = 'BLB_ISO_CTRY'">
</xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>

Another, more modular approach is to use an apply templates. This lets
you import templates from other xsl files.

<xsl:apply-templates select="TEST/Table_Data/Col_Details"
mode="col_details"/>

and then have templates of the form:

<xsl:template match="Col_Name = 'BLB_ISO_CTRY'" mode="col_details">
</xsl:template>