    Does such a thing as a WYSIWYG XSLT editor exist? If so, where might
    one download this?

    TIA

    milkyway, Dec 2, 2004

  2. milkyway wrote:
    > Hello once more,
    >
    > Sorry if this question has already been asked but here goes:
    >
    > Does such a thing as a WYSIWYG XSLT editor exist? If so, where might
    > one download this?
    >
    > TIA

    Altova's XMLSpy does this -- http://www.xmlspy.com .... but more than a
    time limited demo will cost you - dont know of any free software that
    has wysiwig functionality...but if you find some let me know ;)

    P@

    Iain Robinson, Dec 2, 2004

  3. milkyway

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Iain Robinson wrote:

    > milkyway wrote:
    >> Hello once more,
    >>
    >> Sorry if this question has already been asked but here goes:
    >>
    >> Does such a thing as a WYSIWYG XSLT editor exist? If so, where might
    >> one download this?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    > Altova's XMLSpy does this -- http://www.xmlspy.com .... but more than a
    > time limited demo will cost you - dont know of any free software that
    > has wysiwig functionality...but if you find some let me know ;)

    There have been several attempts, and at least one in-depth research
    project (at INRIA) into how to do this. They've all stumbled up against
    the same problem: there is an infinite number of "things" people want to
    do with the output, so it is impossible to write a generalised XSLT GUI.
    All you can do is write one to cover a sepcified subset of features and
    hope those are the ones your users want. I've used Spy and it's fine --
    within the limits is sets. Unfortunately I want to do other things it
    can't do unaided, so I go back to using XSLide.

    Followups set to c.t.x -- this really has nothing whatever to do with Java.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Dec 4, 2004