XSLT/XPath help

Ralph Snart

I have a bunch of nodes called <product>. Some of them will have <gumball_id>
child elements. How can I get the first 4 products that have gumball_ids ?

The previous programmer wrote:

select="product[gumball_id!=''][position() &lt; 4]"

But that only looks at the first 4 <product>s. It doesn't find the first 4
with a specific child.

-rs-

Richard Tobin

Ralph Snart said:
select="product[gumball_id!=''][position() &lt; 4]"

But that only looks at the first 4 <product>s. It doesn't find the first 4
with a specific child.

Yes it does. Well, actually, it finds the first 3, because they are
numbered from 1, and only considers those with a gumball_id child that
contains some text.

-- Richard

Dimitre Novatchev

?

The previous programmer wrote:

select="product[gumball_id!=''][position() &lt; 4]"

product[gumball_id][position() &lt; 5]