XSLT

K.Simon

Hello,

I'm looking for a possibility to execute a program like a python-script
within a xslt-stylesheet.
I read sometime ago that there exists a way to do so. Could somebody
explain how?
I would appreciate any assistance.
Kai

Martin Honnen

K.Simon said:
I'm looking for a possibility to execute a program like a python-script
within a xslt-stylesheet.
I read sometime ago that there exists a way to do so. Could somebody
explain how?

Within XSLT/XPath 1.0 there is no support for executing script but
various existing XSLT processors allow to call extension functions
implemented with script.
For instance MSXML, Microsoft's XML package at least allows to call
extension functions written in VBScript and J(ava)Script but probably
with Python too if a such an active script engine is installed:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/xmlsdk/html/xmrefmsxslscriptElement.asp>
So you need to look at a particular XSLT processor, there might be ones
that support extension functions written in Python.