    explain how?
    I would appreciate any assistance.
    Kai

    K.Simon, Mar 16, 2005

  2. K.Simon wrote:

    > I'm looking for a possibility to execute a program like a python-script
    > within a xslt-stylesheet.
    > I read sometime ago that there exists a way to do so. Could somebody
    > explain how?

    Within XSLT/XPath 1.0 there is no support for executing script but
    various existing XSLT processors allow to call extension functions
    implemented with script.
    For instance MSXML, Microsoft's XML package at least allows to call
    extension functions written in VBScript and J(ava)Script but probably
    with Python too if a such an active script engine is installed:
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/html/xmrefmsxslscriptElement.asp>
    So you need to look at a particular XSLT processor, there might be ones
    that support extension functions written in Python.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Mar 16, 2005