    java-org.etc.
    error is org.ect.... exception main thread.

    thanks

    Asper Faner, Nov 23, 2006

  2. I presume you meant process XML using XSLT, not "parse". If you just
    want to parse it, all you need is a parser.

    You didn't say what your document looks like, or what your classpath
    looks like, or exactly what the error is. We can't help you without details.

    Note that since you're using the Apache tools, the best place to start
    when looking for advice is Apache's website and mailing lists. If you
    read their Xalan frequently-asked-questions list, you'll find a bunch of
    suggestions covering the most common usage errors. I'd bet that your
    problem is one of those, if it isn't in your own files. There are a few
    subtleties in using Xerces and Xalan due to some mistakes Sun make in
    how they incorporated (an old version of) those tools into the standard
    Java libraries; you need to take some additional steps to suppress the
    old versions to keep them from getting tangled with new copies.

    Joe Kesselman, Nov 23, 2006

  3. Asper Faner

    Asper Faner Guest

    Joe Kesselman wrote:
    > There are a few
    > subtleties in using Xerces and Xalan due to some mistakes Sun make in
    > how they incorporated (an old version of) those tools into the standard
    > Java libraries; you need to take some additional steps to suppress the
    > old versions to keep them from getting tangled with new copies.

    That's really mindful.
    Old versions are truly 'old' copycats from previous versions.
    They pay attention only to extremely tiny points as their main cultural
    views and forget as always the generalized models or that is the only
    way to bring them still up before others by hurting the latters
    selfishly.

    I was trying to use unicode for the Chinese characters but this Chiny
    is just a messy sticking up character to character for life. I knew
    something new at least but my emotional intent turned me to be stupid.
    I failed to express how the Kanji was displayed in my XML file, but no
    regret, because it's just a tiny file I would like to process in some
    later Operation Research's data files, the xml file isn't actually able
    to act as a good service in processing. This is NOT what I conclude
    from my hate viewpoint, I don't hate or dislike if my program fails. I
    am truthful, I shouldn't say something bad about some xmls because at
    least they are what I am working on, but you are up there and perhaps
    partially or fully you know and are able to evaluate better.

    Thanks Joe, I would do as what you say, I'll try to take *more and more
    additional steps* to completely suppress those old versions, no matter
    what'll happen then, it's a way for me to learn new behaviors of
    different files anyway.
    I am pretty imaginative, sorry, heh

    Asper Faner, Nov 23, 2006