XslTransform

TomislaW

I am using XslTransform.Transform method

to transform xml to html. In html I get:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> tag before transformed html, how to
get rid of this tag?

Also I have message in VS:

'You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method' why do I need that?

Derek Harmon

[I've changed Followup-To the microsoft.public.dotnet.xml newsgroup,
question is more XML-related than ASP.NET-related.]
: :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> tag before transformed html, how to get rid of this tag?

In your stylesheet beneath your <xsl:stylesheet ... /> element you should place
an <xsl:eek:utput ... /> tag that directs XslTransform to not emit an XMLDecl.

Also I have message in VS:

'You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method' why do I need that?

In .NET 1.1, the signature of the Transform( ) method changed to encourage
developers to pass an XmlResolver.

An XmlUrlResolver is implemented for you by the framework - but any
other sorts of resource resolution requires that you implement your own
XmlResolver (UNC network shares requiring Credentials, embedded
resources built into your assemblies, etc.) Some XSLT features like
document( ) or xsl:include could need to resolve these references.

If you don't want to implement an XmlResolver just pass null and a default
implementation will be used automatically.

Derek Harmon