XST internal error

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by ryan.rbw, Dec 15, 2008.

  1. ryan.rbw

    ryan.rbw Guest

    First off, thanks to all those who have contributed to this group. It
    has been a great help for a newbie like me.

    I have just completed writing custom IP core for a given project and
    after importing the IP using the import wizard in XPS I receive the
    following error during synthesis.

    INTERNAL_ERROR:Xst:cmain.c:3378:1.25.10.2 - To resolve this error,
    please consult the Answers Database and other online resources at
    http://support.xilinx.com
    ERROR:MDT - xst: application received signal 6.
    ERROR:MDT - Aborting XST flow execution!

    The above error seems to be caused from "Equivalent Register Removal",
    which is set to true.

    I have even commented out all of my IP within my top level module and
    created a simple counter to see if I can narrow down the issue. Still
    I receive the same error.

    The documentation online seems to have 1 solution, set a flag in XST
    to false.

    Two problems I have. One, setting this flag to false seems like a work
    around. Two, I would like to know what causes this error

    If anyone has ideas, thank you in advance

    P.S. For completeness I should also include my hardware and tools set.
    I am working on a V5 ML507 and EDK 10.1.03

    -RW

    ryan.rbw, Dec 15, 2008

  2. ryan.rbw

    Charlie84

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2008
    Messages:
    5
    Everytime when I get internall errors, I clean up project files and everything is ok then :)

    Charlie84, Jan 19, 2009