XSV error

ajcoon

Hello,

I am using XSV and occasionally I get an error that looks like this:

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/driver.py", line 125, in
runit

f=SSchema(ren,not useDTD)

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
181, in __init__

self.initFromDump("%s/nndump.xml"%home)

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
184, in initFromDump

self.prepare()

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
440, in prepare

self.initSforS()

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
465, in initSforS

sfors.doBuiltIns(self)

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/Schema.py", line
168, in doBuiltIns

shouldnt('dbl ur')

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SchemaError.py",
line 10, in shouldnt

error("Shouldn't happen "+msg)

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SchemaError.py",
line 13, in error

raise SchemaError,msg

SchemaError: Shouldn't happen dbl ur

I've read through the code enough to traverse this stacktrace and all I
can understand is that something is failing as the schema is being
loaded from the dumpfile "nndump.xml". This only started happening
when I put my application under the stresses of multiple simultaneous
requests. Is there a concern that this is not thread-safe? Should I
be using some sort of lock to control access to the runit function one
thread at a time?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows of a plan to tag a new release in
CVS? It seems that the tarball version is older than some of the files
in CVS. I was considering downloading my own version from CVS, but I
wasn't sure how stable it is...

Thanks,
aj

ajcoon

Is XSV library obsolete? I'm guessing the lack of a response would
suggest this to be the case. I'm looking at a package called pyXSD as
a potential replacement.

If anyone knows of the status of XSV, please let me know if it's still
being maintained.

Thanks,
aj

Henry S. Thompson