XSV error

Discussion in 'XML' started by ajcoon@gmail.com, Oct 23, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I am using XSV and occasionally I get an error that looks like this:

    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/driver.py", line 125, in
    runit

    f=SSchema(ren,not useDTD)

    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
    181, in __init__

    self.initFromDump("%s/nndump.xml"%home)

    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
    184, in initFromDump

    self.prepare()

    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
    440, in prepare

    self.initSforS()

    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
    465, in initSforS

    sfors.doBuiltIns(self)

    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/Schema.py", line
    168, in doBuiltIns

    shouldnt('dbl ur')

    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SchemaError.py",
    line 10, in shouldnt

    error("Shouldn't happen "+msg)

    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SchemaError.py",
    line 13, in error

    raise SchemaError,msg

    SchemaError: Shouldn't happen dbl ur

    I've read through the code enough to traverse this stacktrace and all I
    can understand is that something is failing as the schema is being
    loaded from the dumpfile "nndump.xml". This only started happening
    when I put my application under the stresses of multiple simultaneous
    requests. Is there a concern that this is not thread-safe? Should I
    be using some sort of lock to control access to the runit function one
    thread at a time?

    Also, I was wondering if anyone knows of a plan to tag a new release in
    CVS? It seems that the tarball version is older than some of the files
    in CVS. I was considering downloading my own version from CVS, but I
    wasn't sure how stable it is...

    Thanks,
    aj

    , Oct 23, 2006

    Is XSV library obsolete? I'm guessing the lack of a response would
    suggest this to be the case. I'm looking at a package called pyXSD as
    a potential replacement.

    If anyone knows of the status of XSV, please let me know if it's still
    being maintained.

    Thanks,
    aj

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am using XSV and occasionally I get an error that looks like this:
    >
    > File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/driver.py", line 125, in
    > runit
    >
    > f=SSchema(ren,not useDTD)
    >
    > File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
    > 181, in __init__
    >
    > self.initFromDump("%s/nndump.xml"%home)
    >
    > File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
    > 184, in initFromDump
    >
    > self.prepare()
    >
    > File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
    > 440, in prepare
    >
    > self.initSforS()
    >
    > File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SSchema.py", line
    > 465, in initSforS
    >
    > sfors.doBuiltIns(self)
    >
    > File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/Schema.py", line
    > 168, in doBuiltIns
    >
    > shouldnt('dbl ur')
    >
    > File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SchemaError.py",
    > line 10, in shouldnt
    >
    > error("Shouldn't happen "+msg)
    >
    > File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/XSV/compile/SchemaError.py",
    > line 13, in error
    >
    > raise SchemaError,msg
    >
    > SchemaError: Shouldn't happen dbl ur
    >

    > I've read through the code enough to traverse this stacktrace and all I
    > can understand is that something is failing as the schema is being
    > loaded from the dumpfile "nndump.xml". This only started happening
    > when I put my application under the stresses of multiple simultaneous
    > requests. Is there a concern that this is not thread-safe? Should I
    > be using some sort of lock to control access to the runit function one
    > thread at a time?
    >
    > Also, I was wondering if anyone knows of a plan to tag a new release in
    > CVS? It seems that the tarball version is older than some of the files
    > in CVS. I was considering downloading my own version from CVS, but I
    > wasn't sure how stable it is...
    >

    > Thanks,
    > aj

    , Oct 25, 2006