XTEA/MCrypt: Trying to port my application from C++.

Jacoos Deathplanter

Hi folks,

I have recently begun writing a simple Unix Tibia proxy server. The
problem was that I soon needed to add scripting support and my C++ toy
needed to be re-written from scratch into some more flexible
environment - re-compiling my server after every single patch is
simply not a task for me.

Anyways, I'm trying to implement Tibia protocol in Perl out of
boredom. Encryption's the problem - developers use a combination of
RSA while establishing the connection and both little endian and XTEA
which I have no clue about. I looked Wikipedia up, analysed the
similar project's source code (C++) and looks like I'm stuck. Here's
the code I'm trying to port: http://wklej.org/id/9b6ff662e9

I also tried to make MCrypt work with XTEA, but the documentation of
this library is just wrong. I can't seem to find there any info how to
use it with XTEA - there are a lot variants to use and it looks like
it works, but... although it encrypts and decrypts stuff properly,
even setting delta as it should be doesn't help the official Tibia
client connect to my proxy and I'm sure it's XTEA's fault. I'd love to
get some sample code.

Thank you all in advance,
Deathplanter.