Xvfb causes iPlanet to crash

Discussion in 'Java' started by Marcel Raap, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. Marcel Raap

    Marcel Raap Guest

    Hi,

    We've recently hardened our Sun machine according to Sun Jass and
    patched iPlanet to SP 13. After that the OS was upgraded from 2.6 to
    2.8. Everything seemed to work fine, until we tried to dynamically
    create images using Netbeans. When this is called, iPlanet is
    re-booted! I've looked into it and it seems Xvfb is causing the
    problems, but I don't know exactly how (how to solve it). The machine
    does not run X; the application does not run headless. I'm afraid if I
    rebuild the app to run headless other functions will fail.

    Anyone any hints or tips or experiences? Is it possible that the
    hardening, the patching or the OS upgrade have disturbed certain
    settings (so far I haven't been able to identify any, but tips are
    very welcome!).

    Thanks!

    Marcel.

    Marcel Raap, Jul 13, 2004