YA Newbie question.

JustSomeGuy

Is there a difference between these two xml statments?

<foo>
bar
</foo>

and

<foo>bar</foo>

Joris Gillis

Is there a difference between these two xml statments?
<foo>
bar
</foo>

and

<foo>bar</foo>
Hi,

It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004 06:18:14 GMT
Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message called 'Re: another newbie question...'

regards,

P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would have quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.

JustSomeGuy

Joris Gillis said:
Hi,

It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004 06:18:14 GMT
Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message called 'Re: another newbie question...'

regards,

No that was a different question about
<?xml>

looks,

JustSomeGuy said:
No that was a different question about
<?xml>

looks,
sorry.. Found it.

P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote
other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would have
quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.

John Fereira

P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote
other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would
have quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.
Perfectly acceptable. If you're not quoting something in an existing thread
you should preface the quote with the the message id so readers may be able
to find the quote in it's full context, for example:

"is there a policy in newsgroups to quote other people's answers, or is it
not allowed to use quotations?"

Peter Flynn

Joris said:
Hi,

It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004
06:18:14 GMT Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message
called 'Re: another newbie question...'

regards,

P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote
other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would
have quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.

Thank you for asking :) In general you can quote anything you like from
Usenet provided you give the attribution (as you did above; conventionally
that would include the article number as well). Strictly speaking, every
post is copyright of its author, but I don't recall ever having seen one
Usenet poster sueing another for quoting a post.

///Peter

JustSomeGuy

Peter Flynn said:
Thank you for asking :) In general you can quote anything you like from
Usenet provided you give the attribution (as you did above; conventionally
that would include the article number as well). Strictly speaking, every
post is copyright of its author, but I don't recall ever having seen one
Usenet poster sueing another for quoting a post.

///Peter
Cat_

It's the stupid question that won't die!