    </foo>

    and

    <foo>bar</foo>

    JustSomeGuy, Dec 11, 2004

  2. JustSomeGuy

    Joris Gillis Guest

    > Is there a difference between these two xml statments?
    >
    > <foo>
    > bar
    > </foo>
    >
    > and
    >
    > <foo>bar</foo>

    Hi,

    It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004 06:18:14 GMT
    Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message called 'Re: another newbie question...'

    regards,

    P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would have quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.

    Ceterum censeo XML omnibus esse utendum

    Joris Gillis, Dec 11, 2004

  3. JustSomeGuy

    JustSomeGuy Guest

    "Joris Gillis" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there a difference between these two xml statments?
    > >
    > > <foo>
    > > bar
    > > </foo>
    > >
    > > and
    > >
    > > <foo>bar</foo>
    > >

    > Hi,
    >
    > It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004

    06:18:14 GMT
    > Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message called 'Re:

    another newbie question...'

    > regards,

    No that was a different question about
    <?xml>

    looks,

    JustSomeGuy, Dec 11, 2004
  4. JustSomeGuy

    JustSomeGuy Guest

    "JustSomeGuy" <> wrote in message

    > "Joris Gillis" <> wrote in message
    > > > Is there a difference between these two xml statments?
    > > >
    > > > <foo>
    > > > bar
    > > > </foo>
    > > >
    > > > and
    > > >
    > > > <foo>bar</foo>
    > > >

    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004

    > 06:18:14 GMT
    > > Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message called 'Re:

    > another newbie question...'
    > >
    > > regards,
    > >

    > No that was a different question about
    > <?xml>
    >
    > looks,

    sorry.. Found it.

    JustSomeGuy, Dec 11, 2004
  5. JustSomeGuy

    John Fereira Guest

    "Joris Gillis" <> wrote in

    > P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote
    > other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would
    > have quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.

    Perfectly acceptable. If you're not quoting something in an existing thread
    you should preface the quote with the the message id so readers may be able
    to find the quote in it's full context, for example:

    John Fereira, Dec 13, 2004
  6. JustSomeGuy

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Joris Gillis wrote:

    >> Is there a difference between these two xml statments?
    >>
    >> <foo>
    >> bar
    >> </foo>
    >>
    >> and
    >>
    >> <foo>bar</foo>
    >>

    > Hi,
    >
    > It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004
    > 06:18:14 GMT Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message
    > called 'Re: another newbie question...'
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote
    > other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would
    > have quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.

    Thank you for asking :) In general you can quote anything you like from
    Usenet provided you give the attribution (as you did above; conventionally
    that would include the article number as well). Strictly speaking, every
    post is copyright of its author, but I don't recall ever having seen one
    Usenet poster sueing another for quoting a post.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Dec 18, 2004
  7. JustSomeGuy

    JustSomeGuy Guest

    "Peter Flynn" <> wrote in message
    > Joris Gillis wrote:
    >
    > >> Is there a difference between these two xml statments?
    > >>
    > >> <foo>
    > >> bar
    > >> </foo>
    > >>
    > >> and
    > >>
    > >> <foo>bar</foo>
    > >>

    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > It seems you have already posted a similar question on Tue, 07 Dec 2004
    > > 06:18:14 GMT Peter Flynn gave you a very good answer. Look for a message
    > > called 'Re: another newbie question...'
    > >
    > > regards,
    > >
    > > P.S. a question to everyone: is there a policy in newsgroups to quote
    > > other people's answers, or is it not allowed to use quotations? I would
    > > have quoted Peter Flynn's answer if I somehow knew it is okay to do so.

    > Thank you for asking :) In general you can quote anything you like from
    > Usenet provided you give the attribution (as you did above; conventionally
    > that would include the article number as well). Strictly speaking, every
    > post is copyright of its author, but I don't recall ever having seen one
    > Usenet poster sueing another for quoting a post.
    >
    > ///Peter
    > --
    > "The cat in the box is both a wave and a particle"
    > -- Terry Pratchett, introducing quantum physics in _The Authentic

    Cat_

    It's the stupid question that won't die!

    JustSomeGuy, Dec 18, 2004