Yahoo! Lies: You can play Capture in Linux

Discussion in 'Java' started by John Bailo, Nov 7, 2004.

  1. John Bailo

    John Bailo Guest

    Yahoo Games are based in Java.

    They have added those newer simple games like Collapse, as Java applets.

    But I noticed a warning at the bottom...you can read it on this image:

    http://home.earthlink.net/~jabailo/yahoo_capture.jpg

    It says:

    Note: Collapse is not compatible with Unix or Macintosh computers.

    Yet, here I am, playing Collapse just fine in Konqueror.

    Why does Yahoo LIE ?!?!

    --
    http://www.texeme.com
    John Bailo, Nov 7, 2004

  2. On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 04:00:13 GMT, John Bailo wrote:

    Your choice of cross-post and Follow-Up is quite dubious..
    F'Up: comp.os.linux.advocacy

    If this is an 'advocacy' question, best to..
    ..With F'Ups to ..
    F'Up: comp.lang.java.advocacy

    *I* have set the follow-ups to c.l.java.advocacy.

    > Yahoo Games are based in Java.
    >
    > They have added those newer simple games like Collapse, as Java applets.
    >
    > But I noticed a warning at the bottom...you can read it on this image:
    >
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~jabailo/yahoo_capture.jpg

    Which references this page..
    <http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/cl.html>

    That page has an applet element with some interesting aspects to it..

    <APPLET code=gamehouse.SuperApplet.class
    codebase="http://mtab.games.yahoo.com/wbgameshsc/gamehouse"
    archive="Collapse.zip"
    height=400 width=460 VIEWASTEXT MAYSCRIPT>

    I have never heard of VIEWASTEXT..

    <PARAM NAME="CABBASE" VALUE="Collapse.cab">

    '.cab' files are Win specific.

    <param name="USERCLASS" VALUE="com.gh.YahooUser">

    This possibly allows a connection between the applet and a
    Yahoo user's account.

    > Note: Collapse is not compatible with Unix or Macintosh computers.
    >
    > Yet, here I am, playing Collapse just fine in Konqueror.

    I suspect there are aspects of the game you have yet to encounter
    that will fail. My best guess is a Yahoo functionality to report
    hi-scores back.

    > Why does Yahoo LIE ?!?!

    Why do the uninformed jump to ludicrous conclusions?(!?!)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Nov 7, 2004