Yahoo! User Interface - anybody using this stuff ? I've got a problem...

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by pk, Mar 27, 2008.

  1. pk

    pk Guest

    Hello.

    I'm new to YUI but I see it's a set of a very useful
    tools. So I'm trying to use it :) And I have first
    problem. Could anybody help me and explain why the
    slider which I created on my page is not working
    correctly in IE ? Please, look here:
    http://www.pkfoto.pl/ofr2

    Big thanks in advance !
    Pawel.
     
    pk, Mar 27, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. pk

    Henry Guest

    Re: Yahoo! User Interface - anybody using this stuff ? I've got aproblem...

    On Mar 27, 11:06 am, pk wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I'm new to YUI but I see it's a set of a very useful
    > tools. So I'm trying to use it :) And I have first
    > problem. Could anybody help me and explain why the
    > slider which I created on my page is not working
    > correctly in IE ? Please, look here:http://www.pkfoto.pl/ofr2


    You have neglected to say what "not working correctly" means. As far
    as I can see the 'slider' is working fine (except for not providing
    any apparent possibility for keyboard operation and so not being
    'accessible' in any sense), in the sense that it slides up and down if
    the 'handle' is dragged with a mouse. Nothing happens as a consequence
    of that action, but you have not said that anything is supposed to
    happen.
     
    Henry, Mar 27, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. pk

    pk Guest

    Henry wrote:

    > You have neglected to say what "not working correctly" means. As far
    > as I can see the 'slider' is working fine (except for not providing
    > any apparent possibility for keyboard operation and so not being
    > 'accessible' in any sense), in the sense that it slides up and down if
    > the 'handle' is dragged with a mouse. Nothing happens as a consequence
    > of that action, but you have not said that anything is supposed to
    > happen.


    You're right, sorry about that. Slider's job is to scroll the content on the
    left - works fine in firefox and opera but not IE.

    Best regards,
    Pawel.
     
    pk, Mar 27, 2008
    #3
  4. pk

    GArlington Guest

    Re: Yahoo! User Interface - anybody using this stuff ? I've got aproblem...

    On Mar 27, 12:07 pm, "pk" <> wrote:
    > Henry wrote:
    > > You have neglected to say what "not working correctly" means. As far
    > > as I can see the 'slider' is working fine (except for not providing
    > > any apparent possibility for keyboard operation and so not being
    > > 'accessible' in any sense), in the sense that it slides up and down if
    > > the 'handle' is dragged with a mouse. Nothing happens as a consequence
    > > of that action, but you have not said that anything is supposed to
    > > happen.

    >
    > You're right, sorry about that. Slider's job is to scroll the content on the
    > left - works fine in firefox

    I do not know if it works well for you, but NOT for me (FF 2.0.0.13) -
    last 1.5 lines are NOT showing...
    > and opera but
    > not IE.

    You might notice that IE provides you with scrollable box -> so you
    scroll bar has no purpose...
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Pawel.
     
    GArlington, Mar 27, 2008
    #4
  5. pk

    pk Guest

    GArlington wrote:

    > I do not know if it works well for you, but NOT for me (FF 2.0.0.13) -
    > last 1.5 lines are NOT showing...


    Yeah, I know. It doesn't matter right now, I'll fix it.

    > You might notice that IE provides you with scrollable box -> so you
    > scroll bar has no purpose...


    I'll read about that IE's feature... But I still like my scroller's look and
    I'd like it to do its job in IE.

    Best regards,
    Pawel
     
    pk, Mar 27, 2008
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Jonathan Mcdougall
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    416
    Ashish
    Jul 31, 2003
  2. checoo
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    558
    checoo
    Dec 25, 2006
  3. checoo
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    521
  4. Matt Kruse

    Yahoo! User Interface Library

    Matt Kruse, Feb 15, 2006, in forum: Javascript
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    100
    TheBagbournes
    Feb 26, 2006
  5. zhonghua

    about "var yahoo = window.yahoo || {}"

    zhonghua, Jul 10, 2006, in forum: Javascript
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    123
    zhonghua
    Jul 10, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page