    three full days.

    If you're going to be in Buffalo this summer, consider setting aside
    some time to attend YAPC.

    Daniel K Magnuszewski, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Daniel K Magnuszewski

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Daniel K Magnuszewski" <> wrote in message

    > Details about the conference, including links to past conferences, are
    > available at the web site at: <http://yapc.org/America>. If you'd just
    > like to attend, registration is currently open. The fee is only $85 for
    > three full days.

    Price of gas to drive down from Toronto - $20
    Price of entrance to YAPC 2004 - $85
    Chance to heckle Uri - priceless!

    If only I had more time... ; )

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Daniel K Magnuszewski

    Uri Guttman Guest

    MG> "Daniel K Magnuszewski" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Details about the conference, including links to past conferences, are
    >> available at the web site at: <http://yapc.org/America>. If you'd just
    >> like to attend, registration is currently open. The fee is only $85 for
    >> three full days.
    >>

    MG> Price of gas to drive down from Toronto - $20
    MG> Price of entrance to YAPC 2004 - $85
    MG> Chance to heckle Uri - priceless!

    MG> If only I had more time... ; )

    ahh, you couldn't heckle your way out of a bag made by a php weenie! :)

    and you will miss the chance to see harry potter on imax (and heckle
    too) for free! see yapc.kwiki.org for more of the social stuff at
    yapc::buffalo.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Daniel K Magnuszewski <> wrote:

    > The Buffalo Perl Mongers are proud to announce that Buffalo is hosting
    > Yet Another Perl Conference (YAPC) at UB this summer, June 16-18, 2004.

    > If you're going to be in Buffalo this summer, consider setting aside
    > some time to attend YAPC.

    If you're going to be at YAPC this summer, consider setting aside
    Thursday to get about half of a Stonehenge Alpaca (Intermediate)
    class for free!

    http://yapc.org/America/day2.shtml

    I have a very high opinion of the presenter. (heh)

    --
    Tad McClellan
    Director of Sales and Operations

    Tad McClellan, Jun 1, 2004
  5. >>>>> "Tad" == Tad McClellan <> writes:

    Tad> If you're going to be at YAPC this summer, consider setting aside
    Tad> Thursday to get about half of a Stonehenge Alpaca (Intermediate)
    Tad> class for free!

    Tad> http://yapc.org/America/day2.shtml

    Tad> I have a very high opinion of the presenter. (heh)

    Actually, I do too. (heh)

    Randal L. Schwartz, Jun 1, 2004
  6. Daniel K Magnuszewski

    bill Guest

    In <> Daniel K Magnuszewski <> writes:

    >The Buffalo Perl Mongers are proud to announce that Buffalo is hosting
    >Yet Another Perl Conference (YAPC) at UB this summer, June 16-18, 2004.
    >YAPC is an inexpensive ($85), grassroots conference on the Perl
    >programming language aimed at beginners and experts alike, organized by
    >Yet Another Society, Inc., a non-profit corporation.

    The plane fare is what kills me... Have the organizers made any
    arrangements for tele-attendance via video? I'd be happy to shell
    out the $85 for access to that (even though I'd be getting only
    10% of the hecklingly good fun of being there).

    -bill

    bill, Jun 1, 2004
  7. Daniel K Magnuszewski

    Uri Guttman Guest

    b> In <> Daniel K Magnuszewski <> writes:
    >> The Buffalo Perl Mongers are proud to announce that Buffalo is hosting
    >> Yet Another Perl Conference (YAPC) at UB this summer, June 16-18, 2004.
    >> YAPC is an inexpensive ($85), grassroots conference on the Perl
    >> programming language aimed at beginners and experts alike, organized by
    >> Yet Another Society, Inc., a non-profit corporation.

    b> The plane fare is what kills me... Have the organizers made any
    b> arrangements for tele-attendance via video? I'd be happy to shell
    b> out the $85 for access to that (even though I'd be getting only
    b> 10% of the hecklingly good fun of being there).

    there is no way $85 could cover the cost of televideo. you would need
    high speed net connections (not clogged with all the yapc hackers),
    multiple tv cameras and probably A/V types, a fast server for the feeds,
    etc. lotsa expensive stuff. yapc is so cheap since it is run on the
    cheap. :)

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Jun 1, 2004
  8. Daniel K Magnuszewski

    Uri Guttman Guest

    Tad> If you're going to be at YAPC this summer, consider setting aside
    Tad> Thursday to get about half of a Stonehenge Alpaca (Intermediate)
    Tad> class for free!

    Tad> http://yapc.org/America/day2.shtml

    Tad> I have a very high opinion of the presenter. (heh)

    RLS> Actually, I do too. (heh)

    i think he is a low down dirty rotten scoundrel and scalawag who should
    be forced to code in php and python.

    or maybe i don't think that. :)

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Jun 2, 2004
  9. Uri Guttman <> wrote:

    > Tad> If you're going to be at YAPC this summer, consider setting aside
    > Tad> Thursday to get about half of a Stonehenge Alpaca (Intermediate)
    > Tad> class for free!
    >
    > Tad> http://yapc.org/America/day2.shtml
    >
    > Tad> I have a very high opinion of the presenter. (heh)
    >
    > RLS> Actually, I do too. (heh)
    >
    > i think he is a low down dirty rotten scoundrel and scalawag

    You forgot "bully".

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Jun 2, 2004
  10. Daniel K Magnuszewski

    Uri Guttman Guest

    Tad> If you're going to be at YAPC this summer, consider setting aside
    Tad> Thursday to get about half of a Stonehenge Alpaca (Intermediate)
    Tad> class for free!
    >>

    Tad> http://yapc.org/America/day2.shtml
    >>

    Tad> I have a very high opinion of the presenter. (heh)
    >>

    RLS> Actually, I do too. (heh)
    >>
    >> i think he is a low down dirty rotten scoundrel and scalawag

    TM> You forgot "bully".

    ok, you're a bully too!

    take that!

    i may drop in and heckle you if i have nothing better to do.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Jun 2, 2004