YAPC::2004

Daniel K Magnuszewski

The Buffalo Perl Mongers are proud to announce that Buffalo is hosting
Yet Another Perl Conference (YAPC) at UB this summer, June 16-18, 2004.
YAPC is an inexpensive ($85), grassroots conference on the Perl
programming language aimed at beginners and experts alike, organized by
Yet Another Society, Inc., a non-profit corporation.

Details about the conference, including links to past conferences, are
available at the web site at: <http://yapc.org/America>. If you'd just
like to attend, registration is currently open. The fee is only $85 for
three full days.

If you're going to be in Buffalo this summer, consider setting aside
some time to attend YAPC.

Matt Garrish

Daniel K Magnuszewski said:
Details about the conference, including links to past conferences, are
available at the web site at: <http://yapc.org/America>. If you'd just
like to attend, registration is currently open. The fee is only $85 for
three full days.

Price of gas to drive down from Toronto - $20
Price of entrance to YAPC 2004 - $85
Chance to heckle Uri - priceless!

If only I had more time... ; )

Matt

Uri Guttman

MG> Price of gas to drive down from Toronto - $20
MG> Price of entrance to YAPC 2004 - $85
MG> Chance to heckle Uri - priceless!

MG> If only I had more time... ; )

ahh, you couldn't heckle your way out of a bag made by a php weenie! :)

and you will miss the chance to see harry potter on imax (and heckle
too) for free! see yapc.kwiki.org for more of the social stuff at
yapc::buffalo.

uri

Tad McClellan

Daniel K Magnuszewski said:
The Buffalo Perl Mongers are proud to announce that Buffalo is hosting
Yet Another Perl Conference (YAPC) at UB this summer, June 16-18, 2004.

If you're going to be in Buffalo this summer, consider setting aside
some time to attend YAPC.

If you're going to be at YAPC this summer, consider setting aside
Thursday to get about half of a Stonehenge Alpaca (Intermediate)
class for free!

http://yapc.org/America/day2.shtml

I have a very high opinion of the presenter. (heh)

Randal L. Schwartz

Tad> If you're going to be at YAPC this summer, consider setting aside
Tad> Thursday to get about half of a Stonehenge Alpaca (Intermediate)
Tad> class for free!

Tad> http://yapc.org/America/day2.shtml

Tad> I have a very high opinion of the presenter. (heh)

Actually, I do too. (heh)

bill

In said:
The Buffalo Perl Mongers are proud to announce that Buffalo is hosting
Yet Another Perl Conference (YAPC) at UB this summer, June 16-18, 2004.
YAPC is an inexpensive ($85), grassroots conference on the Perl
programming language aimed at beginners and experts alike, organized by
Yet Another Society, Inc., a non-profit corporation.

The plane fare is what kills me... Have the organizers made any
arrangements for tele-attendance via video? I'd be happy to shell
out the $85 for access to that (even though I'd be getting only
10% of the hecklingly good fun of being there).

-bill

Uri Guttman

b> The plane fare is what kills me... Have the organizers made any
b> arrangements for tele-attendance via video? I'd be happy to shell
b> out the $85 for access to that (even though I'd be getting only
b> 10% of the hecklingly good fun of being there).

there is no way $85 could cover the cost of televideo. you would need
high speed net connections (not clogged with all the yapc hackers),
multiple tv cameras and probably A/V types, a fast server for the feeds,
etc. lotsa expensive stuff. yapc is so cheap since it is run on the
cheap. :)

uri

Uri Guttman

Tad> If you're going to be at YAPC this summer, consider setting aside
Tad> Thursday to get about half of a Stonehenge Alpaca (Intermediate)
Tad> class for free!

Tad> http://yapc.org/America/day2.shtml

Tad> I have a very high opinion of the presenter. (heh)

RLS> Actually, I do too. (heh)

i think he is a low down dirty rotten scoundrel and scalawag who should
be forced to code in php and python.

or maybe i don't think that. :)

uri

Tad McClellan

Uri Guttman said:
Tad> If you're going to be at YAPC this summer, consider setting aside
Tad> Thursday to get about half of a Stonehenge Alpaca (Intermediate)
Tad> class for free!

Tad> http://yapc.org/America/day2.shtml

Tad> I have a very high opinion of the presenter. (heh)

RLS> Actually, I do too. (heh)

i think he is a low down dirty rotten scoundrel and scalawag

You forgot "bully".

Uri Guttman

Tad> If you're going to be at YAPC this summer, consider setting aside
Tad> Thursday to get about half of a Stonehenge Alpaca (Intermediate)
Tad> class for free!
TM> You forgot "bully".

ok, you're a bully too!

take that!

i may drop in and heckle you if i have nothing better to do.

uri