Yellow Textbox

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by archana, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. archana

    archana Guest

    Hi all,

    I am new to asp.net.

    I have one html page containing 4 input boxes for accepting input from
    user.

    When i copy same html page to aspx page to add this 4 textboxes and run
    this aspx page,
    i am getting background of some text boxes as yellow even if i haven't
    set background.

    But in html page it is not displaying background color as yellow.

    Can someone tell me why this is happening.

    Any help will be truely appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    archana, Feb 1, 2006

  2. It's likely one of those toolbars you installed in your browser. For
    example, the Google Toolbar colors fields yellow when it feels they're
    elligible for auto-fill.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Feb 1, 2006

  3. archana

    Mark Rae Guest

    "archana" <> wrote in message

    > Can someone tell me why this is happening.

    Because you've got the Google toolbar (or something similar) installed, and
    have AutoFill turned on...

    Mark Rae, Feb 1, 2006
  4. archana

    crazy Guest

    hi arc,
    i dont know its reason,
    u can avoid this by clicking an "autofill" option in ur browser and
    disable it.

    dont afraid ,it happend only in ur machine browser doesnt affect ur
    project.

    crazy, Feb 1, 2006
  5. archana

    Beegee Guest

    Hi
    As said this is because of the google toolbar installed inyour computer. You
    can change the settings by going to the Options --> uncheck the Auto fill

    Bhuvanesh

    Beegee, Feb 1, 2006
  6. As a follow-up to Steve's reply, one must be careful when developing web
    applications about the sorts of "embellishments" one adds to the browser(s)
    being used to test the software. As illustrated in this situation, it can
    impede the ability of the tester to evaluate the end-user interface.

    Personally, I tend to add nothing in the way of add-ons which affect the
    browser interface, for this very reason.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP