Yellowfin Release 3.3

Yellowfin Public Relations

Powered by J2EE, BIRT, Jasper, Spring, JFreeChart, Eclipse.

Yellowfin is delighted to announce the content for our upcoming
release 3.3. Scheduled for release end of November 2007, Yellowfin 3.3
will bring further ease of use to reporting and analytics for both
embedded and stand alone reporting users. Release 3.3 will certainly
improve the ability to interact with, and visualise your data. This
will be achieved through greater flexibility and functionality in
dashboard design, report grouping and general formatting. Naturally
additional administrative features will make Yellowfin even easier to
maintain and embed into 3rd party applications.

Although we wish we could say these changes were solely our idea - we
can't! A lot of this release is a result of the fantastic advice we
have received from partners and clients. If you wish to influence the
next release then the taking part in the Beacon survey is your chance
to shape what actually gets done! So if you were one of the many that
completed the latest survey - then thanks (if not then there is always
next time). Some of the improvements scheduled are listed below. This
is not an exhaustive list but will provide you with a taste of what is
to come.

A range of formatting improvements that will assist you to better
visualise your data. This will include changes such as report
summaries with hyperlinks to sections, additional format options for
tables and columns. There will also be additional functionality for
charting with extended interaction capability - stretching your
expectations of what can be achieved via pure HTML delivery.

Additional integration options will provide you with even more
flexibility for the deployment of Yellowfin into 3rd party
applications or intranet environments. It may seem like boring old
infrastructure but these changes will further speed up your deployment
or time to market activities.

Users do not just read reports in isolation - they tend to browse a
range of subject specific reports within the context of the work they
are doing at the time. As such Yellowfin will be adding greater
flexibility to its dashboards - providing you the capacity for linking
reports together associated reports to provider deeper insight - that
lets users link a series of reports together into a tabbed format.

Improved Freehand SQL - 3.2 already provided a full range of
formatting options but 3.3 extends this with Source Filter Security,
User Prompting and Advanced Functions providing the flexibility to
author highly interactive reports quickly via your own SQL
statements.

Enhancements to the Yellowfin View Builder which will greatly improve
the usability and functionality of this process. No one loves Meta-
data that much we understand - and we will keep trying to make this as
easy as possible.

Introducing Broadcast and Schedule Administration - providing
Yellowfin Administrators with total visibility of all scheduled jobs
which they can manage to minimise redundant jobs being run.

This release builds on the fantastic achievements of 3.2. Our focus
continues to be on improving data visualisation (without sacrificing
ease of use) and assisting our OEM partners to deliver excellence in
embedded BI solutions. We are very excited about the functionality
that is to be delivered in this release.

We do not want to stop at 3.3 and we value your feedback; so don't
just wait for the next Beacon survey to have your say. Log into the
Yellowfin forum at http://forum.yellowfin.com.au and you can
contribute to the Beacon Wish list at any time. All good ideas will
find their way into the next survey, and future releases.

Andrew Thompson