    "meta refresh" and that once again triggers the session_onstart.

    Geezus. Duh.
    , Jun 25, 2004

  2. Re: The SESSION cookie is never created

    wrote:
    > Yes. The session_onstart event will fire for every pull BECAUSE no
    > SESSIONID cookie is ever created and the server has to assume that
    > every HTTP REQUEST frame is a new session. The response object is
    > actually just setting a header, of course.
    >
    > Every redirect is sending a header to the browser equivalent to a
    > "meta refresh" and that once again triggers the session_onstart.
    >
    > Geezus. Duh.

    Uuumm, to what is this referring?

    It helps to quote a little bit of the message to which you are replying so
    that people will know what you are talking about ...
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 25, 2004

    Re: The SESSION cookie is never created

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:51:33 -0400, "Bob Barrows [MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    I meant to reply to messageID ""
    from Mark Schupp 6/24/2004. Apologies. I clicked the wrong thing.

    > wrote:
    >> Yes. The session_onstart event will fire for every pull BECAUSE no
    >> SESSIONID cookie is ever created and the server has to assume that
    >> every HTTP REQUEST frame is a new session. The response object is
    >> actually just setting a header, of course.
    >>
    >> Every redirect is sending a header to the browser equivalent to a
    >> "meta refresh" and that once again triggers the session_onstart.
    >>
    >> Geezus. Duh.

    >Uuumm, to what is this referring?
    >
    >It helps to quote a little bit of the message to which you are replying so
    >that people will know what you are talking about ...
    >--
    >Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    >Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
    >don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
    >"NO SPAM"

    , Jun 25, 2004

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:45:21 GMT, wrote:

    In saying "Geezus. Duh", I was commenting on my own confusion.

    Thanks.

    >Yes. The session_onstart event will fire for every pull BECAUSE no
    >SESSIONID cookie is ever created and the server has to assume that
    >every HTTP REQUEST frame is a new session. The response object is
    >actually just setting a header, of course.
    >
    >Every redirect is sending a header to the browser equivalent to a
    >"meta refresh" and that once again triggers the session_onstart.
    >
    >Geezus. Duh.
    , Jun 25, 2004