Yet Another Perl Conference, North America, 2005

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Gerard Lim, Apr 14, 2005.

  1. Gerard Lim

    Gerard Lim Guest

    Yet Another YAPC::NA 2005 Conference Reminder

    YAPC::NA 2005 is Yet Another Perl Conference, North America,
    this year to be held in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
    Mon - Wed 27 - 29 June 2005.

    Important Dates/Deadlines
    -------------------------
    April 18 -- deadline for paper submissions
    May 12 -- last day of guaranteed accommodations

    YAPC::NA is a grassroots, all-volunteer conference. The
    speaker quality is high, the participants lively, and there
    are many extra social activities scheduled. We expect a
    bit over 400 people this year, and registration is proceeding
    faster this year than in the past.

    The registration cost is USD$85. Information on registration:

    http://yapc.org/America/register-2005.shtml
    http://yapc.org/America/registration-announcement-2005.txt

    Direct link to registration:

    http://donate.perlfoundation.org/index.pl?node=registrant info&conference_id=423

    Want to be a speaker? Deadline for proposal submission
    is April 18, less than a week from now. Go to:
    http://yapc.org/America/cfp-2005.shtml

    Need accommodations in Toronto? Go to:

    http://yapc.org/America/accommodations-2005.shtml

    If you book before May 13 you will be guaranteed a hotel
    space. After that getting accommodations will become
    progressively more difficult. Prices we have arranged
    are in two different price ranges: approximately US$50
    for a dorm room, US$72 for a decent hotel room. All
    accommodations are very nearby the conference venue.

    This message comes from the YAPC::NA 2005 organizers in
    Toronto.pm, http://to.pm.org/, on behalf of The Perl
    Foundation, http://www.perlfoundation.org/
    We look forward to seeing you in Toronto!

    If you have any questions please contact

    Gerard Lim, Apr 14, 2005