Yet another SMS sender

Discussion in 'C++' started by Atz, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Atz

    Atz Guest

    Hi to all !
    Im trying to make multiple SMS sender.

    A want to send SMS from computer thru cellular phone ( beetwean computer and
    cellular phone is a cable).
    Basicly, i hate to write SMS directly on my cellular, and thefore a want to
    make all this (write message, send message and maybe recieve message ) from
    my computer (thru normal cable connection).
    I know that there are some solutions for this "problem" , but a want to make
    my own. JEA BABY :--)

    So, please ( guys and girls) if you now, write down some basic steps what
    shoud i do to make this work and where to start.

    O O

    ~

    Thanx in advence

    Atz, Nov 5, 2003

  2. "Atz" <> wrote in message news:boavs1$r69$...
    > Hi to all !
    > Im trying to make multiple SMS sender.
    >
    > A want to send SMS from computer thru cellular phone ( beetwean computer and
    > cellular phone is a cable).
    > Basicly, i hate to write SMS directly on my cellular, and thefore a want to
    > make all this (write message, send message and maybe recieve message ) from
    > my computer (thru normal cable connection).
    > I know that there are some solutions for this "problem" , but a want to make
    > my own. JEA BABY :--)
    >
    > So, please ( guys and girls) if you now, write down some basic steps what
    > shoud i do to make this work and where to start.
    >
    > O O
    > |
    > ~
    >
    > Thanx in advence

    Chances are the phone supports AT commands to do this.

    For 3G phones these are specified in TS 27.007, which you can download for free from www.3gpp.org. GSM and GPRS phones
    (depending on age) will support a large subset of the commands therein - try it with HyperTerminal to find out what
    works on your phone.

    Now, what did you want to know about C++??

    BTW - don't call me "guy", or "baby". If you're Californian, especially don't call me "dude" - do real Californians say
    "dude" or have I just been speaking with a film character??

    --
    #include <stdio.h>
    char*f="#include <stdio.h>%cchar*f=%c%s%c;%cint main(void){printf(f,10,34,f,34,10,10);return 0;}%c";

    Slartibartfast, Nov 5, 2003

  3. > Hi to all !
    > Im trying to make multiple SMS sender.
    >
    > A want to send SMS from computer thru cellular phone ( beetwean

    computer and
    > cellular phone is a cable).
    > Basicly, i hate to write SMS directly on my cellular, and thefore a

    want to
    > make all this (write message, send message and maybe recieve message )

    from
    > my computer (thru normal cable connection).
    > I know that there are some solutions for this "problem" , but a want

    to make
    > my own. JEA BABY :--)
    >
    > So, please ( guys and girls) if you now, write down some basic steps

    what
    > shoud i do to make this work and where to start.

    Step 1:
    Post your question in a newsgroup or forum where your question is
    topical. (hint: in comp.lang.c++ it isn't, see also
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt and
    http://home.wanadoo.nl/efx/c -faq/).

    Standard C++ doesn't offer any facilities for sending SMS messages or
    sending data over a (serial?) cable connection. For sending data over
    the cable connection you will have to resort to platform specific
    functions. Questions about platform specific functions should be asked
    in a newsgroup dedicated to the platform you are using. You will also
    need to figure out the protocol your cell phone uses for sending (and
    optionally receiving) SMS messages. You will have to contact the cell
    phone manufacturer to obtain that information, or if you are lucky you
    might be able to find the required information on Google.

    Based on the way you formulated your question I assume you are fairly
    new to programming. An experienced programmer would have asked much more
    specific questions - which typically results in much more useful
    answers. If you are inexperienced, I'm afraid that writing such an
    application will be a lot harder than you think. This is not a good
    beginner's project.

    --
    Peter van Merkerk
    peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl

    Peter van Merkerk, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Slartibartfast wrote:
    > "Atz" <> wrote in message news:boavs1$r69$...
    >

    > BTW - don't call me "guy", or "baby". If you're Californian, especially don't call me "dude" - do real Californians say
    > "dude" or have I just been speaking with a film character??

    Yes, the colloquial conversation nearer to the beach cities is to use
    the "dude" term. It has been over emphasized in many movies, such
    as "Dude, Who Stole My Car." Just like, gag me with a spoon, there
    is some groady talk from those valley people who don't chill by the
    surf.

    Later Dude.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Nov 5, 2003
  5. "Thomas Matthews" <> wrote in message

    > Yes, the colloquial conversation nearer to the beach cities is to use
    > the "dude" term. It has been over emphasized in many movies, such
    > as "Dude, Who Stole My Car." Just like, gag me with a spoon, there
    > is some groady talk from those valley people who don't chill by the
    > surf.

    Well, glad you cleared that up, then.

    Slartibartfast, Nov 5, 2003
  6. Atz

    Atz Guest

    Thank you for your replay...

    :--)
    Yes , i did take this "Yea Baby" and the rest of it, from Austin Powers.
    But OK, no more jokes....

    I am new in this part of programming and a have no idea how to comunicate
    with cellular phone from computer (thru cable).
    I will try to write this in Borland C++ ( AND I WILL MAKE IT ( maybe in some
    months)),
    but i need all the help a can get...

    ** What i want to know about C++. **
    Well, i thought that C++ is the best way to make this work (or maybe some C
    compiler). Thefore i postit this message here.
    The application shoud be user frendly :--)

    Im JAVA programer but i think that C / C++ is much better solution for this
    part (or maybe we can make some conversion).
    Anyway i want to make this in C / C++.

    Q:

    1.) how to communicate(transfer and execute) with cellular phone from my pc
    ( im using Nokia 3310 cellular phone)
    , some basic steps...
    2.) i can make some end user frendly application but i dont know how to
    thansfer this commands to my cellular.
    (e.g. write sms, send sms)

    3.) the application has just four parts ( for now ).
    Main window, where you can write your SMS.
    Function for optional changing of the source of the SMS.
    Function for opening SEND window (where you must enter some phone
    number).
    Sending and returning to main window.

    Well, this is the way im trying to make this work....

    THIS PART IS FOR PETER
    Microsoft has made release of "The Microsoft SMS sender" and it is working
    on the XP O.S.
    I dont know how the thansfer to cellular phone is made but it is working.
    Basicly you can (just) send SMS from
    your PC thru some cellular phone.

    Atz, Nov 6, 2003
  7. Atz

    Atz Guest

    Thank you for your replay...

    :--)

    , some basic steps...http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,119,00.html

    2.) i can make some end user frendly application but i dont know how to
    thansfer this commands to my cellular.
    (e.g. write sms, send sms)

    3.) the application has just four parts ( for now ).
    Main window, where you can write your SMS.
    Function for optional changing of the source of the SMS.
    Function for opening SEND window (where you must enter some phone
    number).
    Sending and returning to main window.

    Well, this is the way im trying to make this work....

    THIS PART IS FOR PETER
    Microsoft has made release of "The Microsoft SMS sender" and it is working
    on the XP O.S.
    The data transfer is made thru cable on cellular phone and it's working
    fine.
    Basicly you can (just) send SMS from your PC thru some cellular phone.

    Wenn i get all specifications from Simens or Nokia,i must find the way
    to make this application work. So,what would you use for programming
    language, in this case?.

    Thanx in advance

    Atz, Nov 6, 2003
  8. "Atz" <> wrote in message news:<bod85m$j5a$>...
    > Thank you for your replay...
    >
    > :--)
    > Yes , i did take this "Yea Baby" and the rest of it, from Austin Powers.
    > But OK, no more jokes....

    > I am new in this part of programming and a have no idea how to comunicate
    > with cellular phone from computer (thru cable).
    > I will try to write this in Borland C++ ( AND I WILL MAKE IT ( maybe in some
    > months)),
    > but i need all the help a can get...
    >
    > ** What i want to know about C++. **
    > Well, i thought that C++ is the best way to make this work (or maybe some C
    > compiler). Thefore i postit this message here.
    > The application shoud be user frendly :--)
    >
    > Im JAVA programer but i think that C / C++ is much better solution for this
    > part (or maybe we can make some conversion).
    > Anyway i want to make this in C / C++.
    >
    > Q:
    >
    > 1.) how to communicate(transfer and execute) with cellular phone from my pc
    > ( im using Nokia 3310 cellular phone)
    > , some basic steps...
    > 2.) i can make some end user frendly application but i dont know how to
    > thansfer this commands to my cellular.
    > (e.g. write sms, send sms)
    >
    > 3.) the application has just four parts ( for now ).
    > Main window, where you can write your SMS.
    > Function for optional changing of the source of the SMS.
    > Function for opening SEND window (where you must enter some phone
    > number).
    > Sending and returning to main window.
    >
    > Well, this is the way im trying to make this work....

    As has been suggested elsewhere this is not a trivial project, but
    it's simple enough that it should be manageable if you're patient.
    It's a damn sight more interesting than most beginners' C/C++
    exercises, anyway.

    Get yourself a decent book on basic Windows programming - there are
    many to choose from. Read the chapters on event handling and dialogue
    boxes, and if the book is half decent there will also be a chapter
    dedicated to serial comms.

    When you reach the stage where you can make a dialogue box appear on
    the screen, and send and receive characters over a serial port, ask
    again if you still don't understand what to do.

    In the meantime download TS 27.007 and use HyperTerminal to try the
    commands on your phone. You did say you have a serial cable for the
    phone, didn't you? You should be able to send messages by typing in
    the AT commands directly.

    Slartibartfast, Nov 7, 2003