    this initiative and its relevance.

    Enjoy!

    Thierry
    Thierry, May 14, 2007

  2. On 5/14/07, Thierry <> wrote:
    > For those interested in <b>programming riddles</b>, I would like to
    > announce a new programming challenge I'm just launching at
    > http://software.challenge.googlepages.com
    >
    > This challenge is in its early stage and thus set to be continuously
    > improved.
    >
    > I would be especially interested in your comments and feedbacks about
    > this initiative and its relevance.

    Got through the first challenge in about maybe 5-10 minutes, mostly
    because I misread the description wrong. This is very cool but I feel
    like i'd spend my day on it if I didn't force myself to put off
    working on it until later!

    How many riddles are there so far?
    Gregory Brown, May 14, 2007

  3. On 5/14/07, Thierry <> wrote:
    > For those interested in <b>programming riddles</b>, I would like to
    > announce a new programming challenge I'm just launching at
    > http://software.challenge.googlepages.com
    >
    > This challenge is in its early stage and thus set to be continuously
    > improved.
    >
    > I would be especially interested in your comments and feedbacks about
    > this initiative and its relevance.

    Well it's too cute for me. I can't seem to find a programming challenge there.

    I only see a page which appears to be some kind of adventure game with
    a a kind of "speak friend and enter" thing about salmons willing to
    spawn, and only one visible link which takes me to a picture of a
    steaming building.

    --
    Rick DeNatale

    My blog on Ruby
    http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/
    Rick DeNatale, May 15, 2007
  4. Thierry

    Pit Capitain Guest

    Rick DeNatale schrieb:
    > I only see a page which appears to be some kind of adventure game with
    > a a kind of "speak friend and enter" thing about salmons willing to
    > spawn, and only one visible link which takes me to a picture of a
    > steaming building.

    Rick, what do we here often tell people complaining about missing
    documentation? ;-)

    Regards,
    Pit
    Pit Capitain, May 15, 2007
  5. Thierry

    Robert Dober Guest

    On 5/15/07, Rick DeNatale <> wrote:
    <snip>

    Use the Source Rick ;)

    Robert
    --
    You see things; and you say Why?
    -- George Bernard Shaw
    Robert Dober, May 15, 2007
  6. On 5/15/07, Robert Dober <> wrote:
    > On 5/15/07, Rick DeNatale <> wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    > Use the Source Rick ;)
    >
    > Robert

    Sorry, that seems to be a translation of a phrase about salmon from
    some language other than english (French I'd guess).

    In English we say that Salmon swim upstream to spawn, I'd already
    tried various urls based on that.

    I've now also tried various variations of swiming to the source, going
    to the source, etc.

    It doesn't seem to be worth it go get to what's ostensibily a
    programming challenge. I guess I'll stick to more transparent
    sources, and reserve that part of my brain to crosswords and sudoku.

    Rick DeNatale, May 15, 2007
  7. Thierry

    Robert Dober Guest

    On 5/15/07, Rick DeNatale <> wrote:
    > On 5/15/07, Robert Dober <> wrote:
    > > On 5/15/07, Rick DeNatale <> wrote:
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > Use the Source Rick ;)
    > >
    > > Robert

    > Sorry, that seems to be a translation of a phrase about salmon from
    > some language other than english (French I'd guess).

    It is from Star Wars, but it was Luke, my mistake ;)

    > In English we say that Salmon swim upstream to spawn, I'd already
    > tried various urls based on that.

    That is the solution???

    > I've now also tried various variations of swiming to the source, going
    > to the source, etc.
    >
    > It doesn't seem to be worth it go get to what's ostensibily a
    > programming challenge. I guess I'll stick to more transparent
    > sources, and reserve that part of my brain to crosswords and sudoku.
    >
    > --
    > Rick DeNatale
    >
    > My blog on Ruby
    > http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/

    I mean the source of the HTML page, it was in English.
    The riddle's solution is in French but one might still find it by googling.
    For what concerns me I speak much better French than Python :)
    Sudoku is cool anyway :)
    Robert
    Robert Dober, May 15, 2007
  8. On 5/15/07, Rick DeNatale <> wrote:

    > I've now also tried various variations of swiming to the source, going
    > to the source, etc.

    But have *you* gone to the source?
    Gregory Brown, May 15, 2007
  9. On 5/15/07, Robert Dober <> wrote:

    > I mean the source of the HTML page, it was in English.
    > The riddle's solution is in French but one might still find it by googling.
    > For what concerns me I speak much better French than Python :)
    > Sudoku is cool anyway :)
    > Robert

    /me googled. I thought that it was fun that I had to translate a page
    to get the answer :)
    Gregory Brown, May 15, 2007
  10. Thierry

    anansi Guest

    first lvl < 50 sec with gedit and google ;))) pretty easy because the
    first 4 words already give you the right answer with google but I'll try
    the next one

    if someone likes these kinds of riddle you should check out malattias
    site. there will probably the hardest in the net!

    --
    greets

    (
    )
    (
    /\ .-"""-. /\
    //\\/ ,,, \//\\
    |/\| ,;;;;;, |/\|
    //\\\;-"""-;///\\
    ` (| |) `
    jgs \) (/

    one must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a
    dancing star
    anansi, May 15, 2007