    He also took the time to add in other stuff many would not include.

    What I don't know is, will it work on other browsers?

    Yes I am using tables for now. Purely for the demo.

    Richard, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Richard wrote:
    > http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/tooltip2.html
    > What I don't know is, will it work on other browsers?

    In Firebird 0.6.1 it seems to work, but in Opera 7.02 the box opens and no
    image loads.

    > Yes I am using tables for now. Purely for the demo.

    Good, because your layout goes off the screen horizontally in Firebird and
    overlaps the top section in Opera. I'm guessing it breaks badly in other
    browsers. Why not download another browser and try it yourself?

    --
    Andrew Cameron
    "Got my hand on my heart, I know no better location..."

    Andrew Cameron, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Richard

    Steve R. Guest

    Steve R., Jan 9, 2004
  4. Richard

    John W. Guest

    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote:

    >http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/tooltip2.html
    >
    >Found this script somewhere and it does what I want painlessly.
    >The author made it as simple as possible to make it easy to change values
    >easily.
    >He also took the time to add in other stuff many would not include.
    >
    >What I don't know is, will it work on other browsers?

    No

    >Yes I am using tables for now. Purely for the demo.

    John OO
    --
    <http://webcel.nl/> webshopsoftware + more

    "Time is what prevents everything from happening at once"
    - John Archibald Wheeler -

    John W., Jan 9, 2004
  5. Richard

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Jan 9, 2004
  6. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Jan 9, 2004
  7. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Richard

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > IOW, O7 does not know how to handle a table right?
    > If it doesn't fit on the screen, O7 makes it fit.

    Erm, nope... I'm using O7.5p1 and the table on
    http://centricle.com/ref/css/filters/ for example gives me lots of
    horizontal scrolling at 800x600, so it seems to be rendering the table
    spot on!

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Jan 9, 2004
  9. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:

    > Richard wrote:

    >> IOW, O7 does not know how to handle a table right?
    >> If it doesn't fit on the screen, O7 makes it fit.

    > Erm, nope... I'm using O7.5p1 and the table on
    > http://centricle.com/ref/css/filters/ for example gives me lots of
    > horizontal scrolling at 800x600, so it seems to be rendering the table
    > spot on!

    Interesting. Opera shows it correctly while IE is cutting off the text just
    above the huge table.
    Where I used to think the world of IE, I'm now beginning to think it sucks.
    So I'll test my stuff out in opera from now on.

    Richard, Jan 9, 2004
  10. Richard

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Where I used to think the world of IE, I'm now beginning to think it
    > sucks. So I'll test my stuff out in opera from now on.

    Realisation is one of the first steps in the healing process ;)

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Now playing: Yes - The Calling from "Talk"

    Dylan Parry, Jan 9, 2004