    Does anyone know how to disable this popup?

    Thanks in advance,
    Steve

    Steve Harris, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Hi Steve,

    As for the problem you mentioned, I've done some tests on both a XP and 2k
    box with IE6 SP1, but seems that the
    Warn if changing between secure and not secure
    option under the
    Tools > InternetOptions > Advanced
    will work. Have you tried on some other machines?

    Also, will the warn pop again if us check the "don't show me ... next
    time" option when the first time you meet
    the warn dialog?

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 13, 2004

  3. Hi Steve,

    Thanks for your followup. It really seems a bit strange. Now, the only
    thing I wonder is whether you've applied group policy for the machines so
    that the group policy's browser secuirty setting override the individual
    machines.
    In addition, I'm also consulting some further experts on this currently and
    will let you know if I get any new information.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 14, 2004
  4. Steve Harris

    Steve Harris Guest

    Hi Steven,

    I can confirm that there are no group policies in place.

    The version of IE 6 SP1 is (6.0.2800.1106).
    Is this the version you are testing with?

    Regards,
    Steve

    Steve Harris, Sep 14, 2004
  5. Hi Steve,

    Thanks for your followup. Well, I just got the information that
    there was a bug with Asp.Net 1.0 that occurred with the js links generated
    for hrefs. Even when there was no transition this dialog would still
    appear. Not sured is your problem occuring with a particular ASP.NET web
    application or with any sites protected with a SSL link. For example, the
    hotmail or Gmail or any other sites ...?

    Please feel free to let me know if the above scenario dosn't suit and I'll
    do some further consultant. Thanks.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 15, 2004
  6. Steve Harris

    Steve Harris Guest

    Hi Steven,

    You have posed an interesting question which I have researched at my end.
    On my development machine, I installed 1.1 framework and the VS 2003 from
    the MSDN discs.

    I thought that when I build an application using the VS 2003 I would be
    using the 1.1 framework. However this is not true.

    The GAC is showing references to 1.0.5... for libraries (like mscorlb) when
    it should be 1.1.4....

    Using Ildasm to examine the manifest of the apps I'm building shows
    references to 1.0.5... for the framework libraries (like mscorlb).

    I'm a little unsure how to proceed.

    How do I install the 1.1 framework in the GAC?
    How do I get VS 2003 to use the 1.1 framework?

    Any guidance in this area would be greatly appreciated.

    Steve

    Steve Harris, Sep 15, 2004
  7. Hi Steve,

    Have you had a chance to check the suggesions in my last reply or have you
    got this issue resolved? If you there is anything else unclear, please feel
    free to post here . Thanks.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 23, 2004