    templates with good graphics. I don't want to be drawing pictures all
    day, just bang together a good looking basic site.

    What's your choice.

    rich, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed rich <> writing in

    > Looks like mostly coder questions here but...
    >
    > I'm looking for a free WYSIWYG website design IDE. I want to get basic
    > sites up quick then add code as needed. Must come with lots of styles

    or
    > templates with good graphics. I don't want to be drawing pictures all
    > day, just bang together a good looking basic site.
    >
    > What's your choice.

    If you want a good looking basic site, you're better off handcoding it.
    Make one page first using document level CSS, then when you're satisfied
    with that, remove the CSS to an external stylesheet that you will use for
    the entire site. Save that document as a template. If you have some
    sort of server side include available, use that, or if not, use a
    preprocessor.

    <!-- Use the following as an include -->
    <!-- Your header content, logo, etc. -->
    <ul>
    </ul>
    <!-- End include -->
    <h1>Page Title</h1>
    <!-- Page content -->
    <!-- Use the following as an include -->
    <!-- Your footer content, copyright, etc. -->
    <!-- End include -->
    --
    Adrienne Boswell

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 27, 2006

  3. rich

    Toby Inkster Guest

    rich wrote:

    > I'm looking for a free WYSIWYG website design IDE.
    > What's your choice.

    My choice is to avoid free WYSIWYG website design IDEs.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Mar 27, 2006