    should the user hit the browser's back button. I'm looking around of course
    but ask what are your favorite tutorials for this objective?

    <%= Clinton Gallagher

    clintonG, Jan 9, 2006

  2. First, add some wiring to user's chairs. Next, add current. :)

    If you truly need to cache things, you can use session or cache or create
    your own custom cache scheme. You cannot protect the user from him or
    herself, however. Viewstate is stored in the page, so the user coming back
    forward to the page will save this, but the server will not know if they go
    back and start clicking away. Ugggh!

    You can disable the back button, of course. :)

    I had to work on an app with custom caching. We create a new base class
    inherited from page that cleared all of the page cached for other pages when
    a page was loaded. Something like that might work for you, unless you need
    something to persist after user hits back and then plays with the site for
    awhile and then returns. If so, your users need training. :)

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    ***************************

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Jan 9, 2006

  3. clintonG

    Bruce Barker Guest

    there is nothing more annoying then sites that disable the back button, or
    worse just warn you not to. you should code your site to support the back.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Bruce Barker, Jan 10, 2006
  4. I did a piece some time ago based on some earlier work by Robert
    Boedigheimer, here:

    Also, Rick Strahl has a wonderful component for storing per-control
    properties not using Viewstate, here:
    http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/4094.aspx

    I've also ported Rick's code back to ASP.NET 1.1

    Peter
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jan 10, 2006
  5. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    Those Cowboys get radical :)
    I wouldn't disable the back button myself but as Greg reminds I may have to
    devise a custom scheme. I'm going to read the stuff Peter has suggested.
    Thanks for comments fellas...

    <%= Clinton Gallagher

    clintonG, Jan 11, 2006
  6. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    I'm on my way. Thanks for those leads...

    <%= Clinton Gallagher

    clintonG, Jan 11, 2006
  7. I'm also evaluating options to better manage viewstate. I've just started to
    do some research and the few articles and tutorials that I have seen similar
    to those referenced all use C#. Is this coincidence or is this a limitation
    of vb?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=, Jan 11, 2006
  8. Okay silly question. Here's a link for all you VB folks

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ServerViewState.asp#xxxx

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=, Jan 11, 2006
  9. Okay silly question. Here's a link for all you vb devlopers

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyZHk=?=, Jan 11, 2006