Your getline is better than mine

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Richard Harter, Nov 29, 2007.

  1. I have done an implementation of the file reading routine. The
    "man page" is at http://home.tiac.net/~cri/2007/gflspec.html.
    It contains links to a directory containing two source files
    called getfline.c and getfline.h. The directory URL is
    http://home.tiac.net/~cri_a/source_code/getfline/.

    The code has been run through a test suite, but the suite was not
    so extensive that I will guarantee that it is ironclad.
    Corrections and suggestions are always welcome.

    The routine does not check for an attempt to read the same file
    at the same time from two different places. Presumably this
    should be a catchable error. Incidentally I can't tell from the
    standard what happens if you attempt to open a file that already
    is open. (I'm looking at 7.9.5.3 and 7.9.5.4 from Plauger's "The
    Standard C Library".) It's not clear to me how this should be
    handled.

    The license is a BSD license with an extra clause requiring that
    modified versions be labeled as modified versions.

    Richard Harter,
    http://home.tiac.net/~cri, http://www.varinoma.com
    Are the graves of dreams allowed to die
    Richard Harter, Nov 29, 2007