    you always give good answers to stupid questions ;-P

    Cheers,
    Peter

    Peter v. N., Nov 22, 2006

  2. Peter v. N. wrote:
    > What are you C++ people using when it comes
    > to source code management?
    > [..]
    > Sorry that this post is slightly off-topic,

    *Slightly*? What are we C++ people wearing to work,
    shirts or pull-overs? Are you kidding?!

    Try comp.software-eng, please. Or your OS newsgroup.

    > but
    > you always give good answers to stupid questions ;-P

    This question is not stupid. It's *misplaced*.

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Peter v. N. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What are you C++ people using when it comes
    > to source code management?
    >
    > Do you go the open source way (CVS, SVN) or
    > commercial (Perforce (c))?
    >
    > Any recommendations? Why did you choose what you
    > are using right now?
    >
    > Sorry that this post is slightly off-topic, but
    > you always give good answers to stupid questions ;-P
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Peter

    Hi Peter,

    I use Subversion because:

    1. It's reliable (for the small to medium size projects I work on)
    2. Free
    3. The super cool TortoiseSVN shell integration tool (for Windows)
    4. You can use it with any IDE, or no IDE at all

    Regards,
    Markus.

    Markus Svilans, Nov 23, 2006
  4. Peter v. N. wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > What are you C++ people using when it comes
    > to source code management?
    >
    > Do you go the open source way (CVS, SVN) or
    > commercial (Perforce (c))?
    >
    > Any recommendations? Why did you choose what you
    > are using right now?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Peter

    At my employers I have used PVCS and currently
    using Clearcase.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message: