Your preferred books

Mike Campo

This question may have been asked many times in the past, but I am
still going to bring it up. What is your favourite book(s) that you
read to learn c++? Or are there any sites that you learned from? I am
currently reading Thinking in C++ 2nd edition. I downloaded it off the
web from it's website. I am not very far into but I have already
learned some basic stuff. If anyone has read this book could you give
me your opinions on it, just so that I do not waste me time reading it
if it is not really going to teach me. Thanks alot

Mike

jeffc

Mike Campo said:
This question may have been asked many times in the past, but I am
still going to bring it up. What is your favourite book(s) that you
read to learn c++? Or are there any sites that you learned from? I am
currently reading Thinking in C++ 2nd edition. I downloaded it off the
web from it's website. I am not very far into but I have already
learned some basic stuff. If anyone has read this book could you give
me your opinions on it, just so that I do not waste me time reading it
if it is not really going to teach me. Thanks alot

There are good books, and not-so-good books. That one is a good book.
Among the good books, some will click with you, or you will like the style
of some, and others will not be a good fit. I can't tell you if the style
of that book is best for you. It's a good book for C programmers, IMO. As
the title implies, it gets them thinking in C++ terms, little by little, to
avoid the trap of being a C programmer who uses a C++ compiler.

One book that I find exceptional is C++ FAQs by Cline. I'm not sure why no
one else recommends it. Maybe because they assume there is an online
version, and don't know that the book version is bigger and better.